“Very confortable and relaxing”

Plas Gwyn B&B & Cottage
Ranked #3 of 33 Dolgellau B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Very confortable and relaxing”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here as I had meetings in Wales, and found Plas Gwyn to be the ideal tonic after a day's work - a very comfortable room and great breakfast and a very warm welcome. I can't wait to enjoy their fanatstic hospitality again, this time on my own time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PaulR8432014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I had a completely luxurious stay in Plas Gwyn B&B. We were given the kingsize room (the green one) and it totally blew us away. The attention to detail is spot on, our room and bathroom were both immaculately clean, and we were very appreciative of the owners who were extremely helpful and welcoming. We would recommend this establishment for anyone looking to get time away in a quiet, quaint and quality setting. Great value for money and a complete treat!

2 Thank Midwife90
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

A truly wonderful stay!! The cottage was clean and very homely. It was furnished to a very high standard with everything you need.....we wanted for nothing!! We loved the log burner and had some wonderful snuggly nights in with our forest firewood we collected whilst walking!!! Lovely!!
The village is within walking distance with some nice places to eat and potter. Some nice walks on the doorstep with beautiful waterfalls!! We loved it so much we have booked to go again in September!! Can't wait!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samantha22Lichfield
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Lots of what has already been said by others is true for our visit. We stayed in Miss Margaret's and Miss Gladys's room. It is beautifully presented with lots of considered extras. The attention to detail is sublime. Loved the shower room.

The owners are very welcoming and helpful.

The dining room is exquisite and the breakfast was fantastic. We felt like royalty!

All in all, a very lovely place to stay

Room Tip: The bed in Miss Margaret and Miss Gladys's room obviously suits less portly people than us as it...
1 Thank calkeo
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I stayed this Easter for a couple of nights and wished we could have had longer. We were made very welcome and the owners were accommodating and friendly.

The gorgeous double room with comfy bed so immaculately clean and the sympathetic decor just lent that touch of Georgian/Victorian charm, so in keeping with the house and it's history and not even the slightest hint of 'twee'.

The great oak stairway definitely made you feel all 'Jane Austen' when walking into the hallway and I can understand why it is a listed building with such a fabulous feature.

I'm a real collector of vintage and antiques and I just loved looking at the unique pieces whilst eating a leisurely breakfast. {Fab breakfast too that set us up for the day!}

This is a real gem and I would recommend Plas Gwyn to anyone.

1 Thank Jo S
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here for couple of nights in mid March, and absolutely loved the place. Beautiful interiors, bags of character and amazing breakfasts. What more can you want! Would love to come back and recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kristina S
Caernarfon, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I could live here. I visited just as an overnight stay and I wish I was there a little bit longer. Plas Gwyn is a wonderful bed and breakfast. It is far more deserving of a higher rating than I can give. It has everything you could possibly need or want in a bed and breakfast. Parking, free wifi, excellent cooked breakfast (the best i've had in a B&B), top quality service, the best nights sleep I've had in years, cleanliness, character, the garden (wow)... I could go on. There is nothing about this bed and breakfast that I did not find to be of the highest quality. I would have happily paid more to stay here and I will be back again. Thank-you Plas Gwyn for the finest stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple