“Caught them on an off day I hope?”
Review of Little Chef

Little Chef
Ranked #22 of 29 Restaurants in Dolgellau
Cuisines: Cafe
Dolgellau, United Kingdom
“Caught them on an off day I hope?”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Called in this restaurant last night with my kids for a quick coffee and milkshake stop.
I say "quick" that's what i hoped would happen.
The car park was not full so good sign of a chance of getting served quickly - or so i thought. We got in the door and waited as the sign said... and waited... and waited the restaurant was not full there was one table of 8 a table of 3 and a table of 2... 5 mins of waiting and i went to sit down at a table with the kids. 15 minutes later a member of staff came over to ask what we would like. I did get an apology from the lady on the grill to be fair.
To save time i ordered our drink and made him take money for them at the same time. I'm not sure if i will call here again.
In other restaurants staff have been really good and switched on to families, bringing crayons paper etc... little things that make you remember them and want to go back...... not this one!

• Visited October 2013

Wirral, United Kingdom
“3 visits and not yet disappointed”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My husband and I found this Little Chef by accident in June and I have eaten here twice in the last week (to and from a holiday) and have seen the same staff on each occasion which is always a good sign. The staff are helpful, prompt and very pleasant; the restaurant is clean despite the somewhat care worn furnishings and the food is always prepared very quickly and is hot, well cooked and with large portions. The menu is basic but as long as you go in knowing it is a traveller's type restaurant, there is more than enough choice to accommodate most tastes and at a much more reasonable price than you would find at a motorway services. The toilet facilities are again in need of refurbishment but are always very clean and fully replenished. Full marks to the staff who are obviously making the best of what they have and making the experience for the visitor a good one.

• Visited August 2013
“Not up to expected standard even for road side cafe!.”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Been here a couple of times when (needed). Staff friendly and helpful.
Sad about the menu though they allways have a few things not available usually what I want to order. I left last time as I was told I couldnt have tea as they had no hot water and probably wouldnt for some time as boiler broke. Have they not heard of a kettle?. Staff are ok food tastes good usually but overall dissapointing.

• Visited June 2013