A small but relatively up-market B&B with a fine restaurant and excellent accommodation. The 'hotel' has only 5 bedrooms , is wonderfully situated in the centre of Dolgellau. The rooms have all the modern facilities, an excellent shower and very comfortable beds.
If there was a negative point, I would say that the outside parking is slightly inconvenient being limited to 1 hr restrictions in the daytime until 6pm (it was slightly inconvenient to have to move the car to a car park out of town at 10am when the car was not needed). The hotel was also situated close to the main road (in normal times this is not an issue as excellent double glazing keeps noise down considerably. However when we were there it was warm and with the windows open traffic noise can be heard. Overall, though an excellent choice to stay and a superb restaurant. Wifi free and reliable too. We stayed in the Meirion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Y Meirionnydd Townhouse is a beautiful place to stay with the bonus of its own restaurant and bar in the centre of this beautiful Snowdonia town. Our three bedrooms and two suites are all en suite of course and feature White Company toiletries, bathrobes and slippers, free Wi Fi as well as many other little touches to make your stay as comfortable as possible.Add in superb, personal service, a lovely full breakfast and of course our superb restaurant for dinner and you have the makings of a perfect getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Y Meirionnydd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Y Meirionnydd Dolgellau, Snowdonia National Park
- y Meirionnydd Hotel Dolgellau