We have just returned from a very comfortable stay at Y Meirionnydd. We booked for three nights intending to only eat in their restaurant the first night , but it was so good we ate there every night! The restaurant is in the cellar of the building in the old jail, and is cosy and beautifully decorated. The staff were very attentive and the food delicious. They also have an excellent wine list, the house champagne at under £30 was amazing. The room was very clean and spacious with an extremely comfortable bed. We did have a bit of trouble getting the shower to behave and the bathroom door stuck at the bottom but we were happy to put these down to the quirks of an old building. Cooked breakfast was freshly prepared and really good, the first course would perhaps have benefitted from some fresh fruit other than bananas every morning, but still very enjoyable. Other reviewers mention the car parking situation, it is a little inconvenient but the hotel is in the centre of an ancient town and car parking is obviously awkward. The town council would do better to reduce the high cost of the public car parks to encourage tourism, but this is not the hotel's fault. We would recommend Y Meirionnydd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Y Meirionnydd Townhouse is a beautiful place to stay with the bonus of its own restaurant and bar in the centre of this beautiful Snowdonia town. Our three bedrooms and two suites are all en suite of course and feature White Company toiletries, bathrobes and slippers, free Wi Fi as well as many other little touches to make your stay as comfortable as possible.Add in superb, personal service, a lovely full breakfast and of course our superb restaurant for dinner and you have the makings of a perfect getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Y Meirionnydd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Y Meirionnydd Dolgellau, Snowdonia National Park
- y Meirionnydd Hotel Dolgellau