Booked at Y Meirionnydd for 2 nights with their Winter Escape special which included dinner. Dollgellau itself is a really pretty little village surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery. From the outside Y Meirionnydd is an attractive building situated in a great central location and once inside it just gets better! A small but really well stocked bar is to to the left of the main entrance where we enjoyed local ales and whiskey. To the right of the main hallway is the breakfast room which also doubles up as the overflow restaurant. Both rooms were comfortable and wonderfully decorated. Our room, the Mawddach, which was the largest of the five rooms, was perfect in every way. Furnished and decorated to a very high standard. A huge kingsize bed, with excellent pillows and duvet was extremely comfortable. The bathroom with its deep roll top bath, powerful shower and adjustable lighting was lovely. The suite was spacious, yet really cosy. Definitely try and stay in this room on any future visits. Breakfast was really good with an excellent choice to suit most tastes. We had dinner in Y Meirionnydd both nights and the food was to a high standard with a really good wine menu. The service was excellent and the owners and staff very welcoming and attentive. All in all a lovely destination to celebrate our fifth anniversary. Will definitely be recommending to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Y Meirionnydd Townhouse is a beautiful place to stay with the bonus of its own restaurant and bar in the centre of this beautiful Snowdonia town. Our three bedrooms and two suites are all en suite of course and feature White Company toiletries, bathrobes and slippers, free Wi Fi as well as many other little touches to make your stay as comfortable as possible.Add in superb, personal service, a lovely full breakfast and of course our superb restaurant for dinner and you have the makings of a perfect getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Y Meirionnydd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Y Meirionnydd Dolgellau, Snowdonia National Park
- y Meirionnydd Hotel Dolgellau