“Amazing”
Review of Ffynnon

Ffynnon
Ranked #6 of 34 Dolgellau B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2014

A group of twelve of us spent New Year at Ffynnon. We were warmly welcomed with canapes and a glass of fizz.The rooms are all different and all stunning and at the same time comfortable. Steve and Debra looked after our every needs, nothing too much trouble.The food at breakfast was wonderful, even our New Years day brunch which we all thought very special.We were given lots of local info, and Steve helped out to find us somewhere to eat on New Years Day.Our group has been going away together for a number of years but we all felt that Ffynnon is the best place that we have stayed. It really has a homely feel about it. It is a very special place.We were given a list of places to eat out when we booked, and Steve's offer of help with booking if needed. We had two fabulous meals in Dolgellau on the 30th and 31st Dec.
I will most certainly return. Shame I cant give it more stars!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous, the suites on the top floor are even more so.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Ffynnon, Owner at Ffynnon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Hi.
Many thanks for your review and we're thrilled you all enjoyed your new year celebrations with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Regards,
Steve

There are newer reviews for Ffynnon

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were met with a warm reception on a cold night in November. Lovely comfy room and extraordinary attention to detail - in fact presentation was immaculate across the board. Breakfasts were generous and delicious, and our hosts very knowledgeable and helpful with our many questions about the area’s attractions and places to eat - generally offering an out of hours tourist info service! The views across the valley from our room were breathtaking and after a long day exploring Snowdonia it was great to return and feel right at home

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ffynnon, Owner at Ffynnon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Hi Ade_A_11,
The team and I are really pleased you enjoyed your recent stay at Ffynnon and hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes,
Steve

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I came across Ffynnon by chance (a lot of clicking) after originally looking for something in the Lake District. I am notoriously picky, and wanted something that would be perfect for a couple; a bit decadent but in no way tacky or chintzy. I found the perfect place! Attentive but unimposing service, lovely breakfasts, lots of lovely walks nearby and above all a beautiful house - the photos really do not do it justice.

The only negative - and it's not a negative about the accommodation - was the lack of good places to eat nearby. Dolgellau is very small, we would have found better places if we went further afield (we only went to places in walking distance). We did go to a brilliant pub called 'The Last Inn' in Barmouth which provided an excellent fish and chips well deserved after the nine mile walk to get there (a beautiful walk - highly recommend it!)

I would definitely go back. I said that we had to go back because we didn't tackle Cader Idris - our feet were too sore after the round trip to Barmouth. We also want to check out all the other rooms!

Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Sydney, the smallest room, but it was very cosy and had a bath in the bedroom! It was q...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We loved Ffynnon and have returned home feeling refreshed and relaxed. The décor is of an exceptional standard and made even more stunning by the clever placement of local art work. All staff we met were very friendly and helpful- the rooms were spotless and the beds so comfortable. Steve recommended some lovely local eating places all of which were excellent.
We stayed in Hazel and this was great for our 12 year old as she had her own room and tv.
The breakfasts were amazing- so much choice and so tasty.
We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My fiance and I thought that Ffynon was fantastic. To be able to choose the room was great as you know exactly what to expect. I would recommend the Aimee room for any couple wanting a very special get-away. The jacuzzi bath was awesome and the room was very very quaint. I would love to go back for more walking, cycling and great food.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Aimee room for any couple wanting a very special get-away. The jacuzzi bath wa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our second visit in 25 months. Amazing breakfasts and an exceedingly comfortable and well appointed room. Lovely lounge and the communal pantry/self-catering kitchen is an added bonus if you have a longer stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

After much searching and with a wedding in North Wales immediately afterwards, I had a hard time finding something perfect for my Boyfriend's birthday this year. Determined to make it as special as possible, I chanced upon Ffynon on Tripadvisor. The reviews were very positive and the rooms looked lovely.

I emailed Debra and Steve (the owners) to let them know about our arrival and if there was any advice they could provide to make the birthday special. They were absolutely fabulous, no request was too small and they were patient with my constant emails about the birthday with details I kept forgetting.

When we arrived, we were greeted with a lovely cup of tea and some delicious bara brith. The next day, my boyfriend was surprised with a birthday breakfast which was such a lovely touch - and something I hadn't requested. We stayed in Hazel which was absolutely beautiful, exceptionally clean and more of an apartment than a room. The whole experience was just beautiful and it was the best birthday either of us have enjoyed!

Thank you so much for a lovely stay, I cannot recommend Ffynon enough - there is everything for people with young children, couples - it felt like home.

A wonderful place, it must be visited. It will truly change your expectations of a guest house!

Room Tip: All the rooms were wonderful but Hazel is lovely if you like having an area to watch TV and a separa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dolgellau
Penmaenuchaf Hall
Plas Gwyn B&B & Cottage
Plas Gwyn B&B & Cottage
#5 of 34 in Dolgellau
Pandy Isaf Country House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Ffynnon? Share your experiences!