“Something for everyone”

Coed y Brenin Visitor Centre
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Ganllwyd
More attraction details
Owner description: Stop here before entering the Forestry Commission park just south of Snowdonia National Park.
Braintree, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing views, picnic areas with tables, walks of various lengths and abilities incl wheelchair access, playgrounds, climbing wall, mountain bike hire, restaurant/cafe with panoramic, distant views.

Very helpful staff, lovely food. Either sit and enjoy the location, or challenge yourself with extreme mountain biking. From 9 - 82..... We all found things to interest ourselves. Well worth a visit.

Cirencester
“Wood walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent visitor centre, helpful staff. Well layer out trails, easy to follow. Set in a beautiful area.

Visited July 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great cafe at visitor centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I went mountain biking with a few friends and due to my dietary requirements (I don't eat meat, dairy or gluten) I was unsure if the café could cater for me. I rang them a couple of weeks before to check and the once I explained the situation the lady said tell us what you would like and we will make it for you, which is exactly what they did. A very refreshing attitude which I fully appreciate. So much so that I thought I should write a review saying how impressed I was (having never written a review on any website before).

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jonathan N
Darlington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Good café, and bike shop, a wide range of biking trails, and walking trails including a wildlife trail for children to follow. play park near the café. Bike wash.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lynn W
Wales
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Great place to eat let alone the adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We visited here just to stop for something to eat, 2nd time now and its been excellent.

Cafe area and toilets - all very clean and tidy. Staff were helpful as well.

I did pay for the parking even though we were only having food and were not that long - places like this need every penny to maintain, its home of the UK's largest mountain biking trails.

There's plenty to do with the kids even if you don't have a bicycle - although we hope our next visit will include trying out the "Ape" experience which was closed due recent storm damage.

I plan on bringing the bike here without the kids - looks like there's plenty of trails to get stuck into, with the option to shower in the cafe area after.

Good setup, a hidden gem in the middle of a fforest.

Try the Venison Burger.