“simple formula for success”

Bryn Artro Country House
Ranked #3 of 7 Llanbedr B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Bryn Artro is a living example of Hotel following a simple formula for success: tasteful grounds and interior, comfortable beds, clean rooms, a skilled chef and good customer service. Gone are the worn carpets, cheap mattresses, scampi and chips menu and the “sorry we can’t do that” attitude which I’m so too familiar with.

When the management found out my girlfriend had special dietary requirements they offered and made her a bespoke breakfast. When they didn’t have a particular wine on the menu they offered us free samples before making a purchase. When we said we might arrive early they prioritised getting our room prepared in time.

I was surprised to see that there are two older "terrible" reviews on Trip Adviser but found out that the existing management team have only taken over the running on the hotel since November. Anyone looking to set up a small hotel should spend a night here to see how it can and should be run.

If you want a bog-standard hotel room in North Wales you are spoilt for choice, if you want a memorable, relaxing stay with a quality dining experience this is the place to book.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ant H
There are newer reviews for Bryn Artro Country House

Reviewed 21 February 2014

stayed here for two nights on 14th February 2014. As we stayed here the year before under different ownership. The room we stayed in was room 2 four poster bed. We could not fault the room at all. We went down to the local pub in the evening which had no power due to the storms. Came back around 11 Nick and Steve the owners offered room service Steve did us some food we had a beef sandwich with salad and a fantastic dressing on it. My partner had lobster with salad new potatoes and a dressing which he said was stunning, And a complementary glass of port each which was above and beyond what we were expecting at that time of night as they had just finished the restaurant which was fully booked. Attention to detail and hosting skills were perfection. We will be recommending this country house to our friends and family. Thank you Nick and Steve for the lovely stay hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paulaevans2014
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed with my partner for valentines had the set menu which was really tasty and artfully decorated,staff were extremely friendly and helpfull and the owner was brilliant very attentive the rooms are stunning and tastefully done this hotel is fabulous and it's one I will definetly be telling my associates & colleagues words can't explain how fantastic this gem really is only wish it was closer to my home.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Cheltnow
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have driven past this hotel/restaurant, every day enroute to work for the past 13 years, and last night was the first time we have eaten there, and it most certainly wont be the last. We booked at fairly short notice, and the welcome and service we received was very friendly and professional. The hotel is a beautiful building from the outside, but when you walk in it oozes quality and homeliness. The owner was very friendly and welcoming, and very knowledegable when offering advice on what is a very interesting and mouthwatering menu. The choice is excellent, and some exotic choices also, of crocodile, swordfish, kangaroo and wilderbeast will really offer you a new eating experience. When the food arrived, it didnt dissapoint, both my food and that of my wife was exceptional, very tasty and very well presented. When accompanied by an excellent wine list, it makes for a very enjoyable evening. This is the best food ive eaten near my home for many a year, and on a par with the very best restaurants in the area, such as Castle Cottage and Portmeirion, but with prices very realistic. Havent been before, but will be recommending this to friends and colleagues. Fantastic

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Squeaky M
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We ate at the Bryn Artro for a birthday celebration and were thourally delighted at the experience. It is rare in this area to find such a wonderfully decorated, elegant restraunt with such great food and wine.
The food was fantastic, with the chance to try something different! The service was excellent and what a great atmosphere. Nothing is too much trouble and very good prices. We went back for sunday lunch the next day! Highly recomended! We Will be going back very soon.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank bexjon
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I dined here for the second time last week. It truly is a wonderful experience and begins with drinks in the cosy, welcoming lounge with a lovely warming fire. You are not hurried at all and the staff are attentive but not too much. The ambience is fabulous, with white linen cloths and artfully folded napkins and lots of interesting pieces around the place. The flower arrangements too are just gorgeous. The attention to detail really is second to none. The food was out of this world and beautifully presented and served. Nick and Steve know what they're doing that's for sure, the place is a wonder and I am absolutely thrilled that we have somewhere as special as this, so close. I love everything about this place. If you are looking for somewhere special you won't find anywhere better than this believe me. Myself, well I can't wait for the next time!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank carolemmmett
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My boyfriend and I dined twice here last week and had breakfast today. The owners are lovely friendly people, and the food was amazing. They even went off menu for us when my boyfriend said how much he liked Eton Mess. Exotic quirky menu, cooked to perfection! wonderful service and friendly atmosphere. Breakfast was brilliant too. We were shown round the rooms after dinner and they looked pristine. my only regret was that we'd already booked alternative accommodation before we found them. We will definiatly be back in the summer staying in the hotel this time. :0)

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Kat O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanbedr
Ty Mawr Hotel
#1 of 2 in Llanfair
The Old Farmhouse
The Old Farmhouse
#1 of 4 in Dyffryn Ardudwy

Been to Bryn Artro Country House? Share your experiences!