“Good food”

The Victoria Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Llanbedr
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An excellent family pub / restaurant on the main A 496 road between Barmouth and Harlech
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Nicely prepared meals, of decent size portion, delivered promptly (despite it being very busy when we were there). The only downside was one male member of bar staff who gives a good impression of someone who doesn't want to be there.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

It was fantastic holiday, Victoria team is friendly and reliable. We did a lot of activities and there was no issues with early morning breakfast.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

On the 14/06/2014 myself and girlfriend went to visit her parents who have recently purchased a caravan. We were camping on shell island as there site didn't allow campers only caravans we arrived on the Friday morning and had a very pleasant day we then went to the "Victoria inn" for a drink and a bite to eat to be fair it was a nice meal. We stayed for a couple of hours then left with a smile. We decided as we were leaving we would watch England vs Italy for there first World Cup match the following day. So we arrive at 7pm the following day this is when it all changed had a meal again for 8 adults and a few had pudding we were also having a few drinks the football didn't start till 11pm when the football started we were sat in the bar it was packed with locals who we're making it very clear that England wasn't there preferred team knowing we were English they made us all feel very uncomfortable and not welcome after half time it was 1-1 and I decided it was time to leave as I felt scared as they were acting like football hooligans my partners sister and boyfriend decided to stay with her mum and dad after half time Italy scored a goal and one of the locals decided to run to the table where the remaining of our party were sat quietly and started to give the fingers in there faces swearing and being very violent , not at any point did the landlord ask them if they were ok nor ask the locals to calm down we had spend over £300 in his establishment they decided to get up and leave as felt scared someone was going to get hurt as they were leaving abuse was being shouted at not just my girlfriends sisters boyfriend but my girlfriends mother which is disgusting !! I wouldn't recommend this pub to my worse enemy and neither to any tourist especially if your not from the area this pub is apparently "family friendly" and had football hooligans shouting abuse at people who just wanted to watch in piece we are all up for a bit of banter but this was taken to a level that a family where scared they would be hurt please avoid if your not a local they make it clear you are not welcome !

7  Thank Adam964
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I often visited this pub when I was a child & remembered how lovely it as so took my husband & child for tea last week. On arrival it looked lovely. However, when trying to order drinks the lady who serviced us was very rude and made us feel very unwelcome. When ordering we were told we had given the order the wrong way around as we ordered the children's first then our starter (most restaurants we have visited do not have a problem with this). One of our children accidentally knocked down a drink, which a waitress witnessed, but still no-one came to clean it up, we were left trying to soak up the drink on the floor with napkins. We were very disappointed with the service & the way we were treated!

2  Thank Rachd89
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Victoria is a welcoming pub in the village that serves very decent pub grub. If you are looking for a gourmet dinner, this is not the place, put if you a looking for a traditional pub meal you won't be disappointed.