“Not what I would expect from Hand Picked Hotels”
Review of Seiont Manor Hotel

Seiont Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanrug
“Not what I would expect from Hand Picked Hotels”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at numerous other hotels in the Hand Picked range, my wife & I looked forward to another great night away - this time with such a great location we were sure to be delighted. Originally I considered booking 2 nights but in the end I am so glad we didn't!

The bedrooms are tired, not a great bathroom either but we decided this was acceptable as such an old house.
We popped for afternoon coffee before using the "spa" facilities - the coffee took over half an hour to arrive which was appalling considering the hotel was practically empty!

Once we arrived at the "spa" we really started to laugh about it, nowhere near the quality of some of the great spa facilities offered by other HPH's.

Dinner was ok, very slow service and the food was ok though my wife's main course had to be sent back as it was clearly only half cooked!

We had an ok nights sleep - though were woken several times by various noises in the hotel.

Finally the next morning, breakfast - nowhere can get that wrong surely? Yep, afraid so! After waiting outside until a table was available (yet there were plenty free when we went through) we then had a long wait for our cooked breakfasts and I'm afraid to say the canteen at my work does a better breakfast!

Staff were fine but the whole establishment is tired, slow & disappointing - I still visit HPH's though I will absolutely never go to Seiont Manor again - not if it was half price, not 75% off!

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank HostileSmoker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We only used the restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday but what a lunch, welcomed by Dave on reception sent to lounge bar to see Beverly had a relaxing drink in the conservatory picked our starter & main enjoyed our drink & the view till called down to the restaurant, starter lovely nice little break before main course arrived steak not done to my satisfaction asked for it rare looked more like medium to me so next time will ask for it blue but it was still very enjoyable, my wife had the set lunch which she really enjoyed, the cheese cake sweet was excellent asked for coffee to be served in the conservatory just perfect short bread biscuits to die for, was sorry to leave but home we had to go, considering the new year celebrations at this lovely hotel, All the staff we meet were so friendly & helpful.

1 Thank BrianLeslieW
Aled_Humphreys, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your lunch time visit to Seiont Manor Hotel for your wife's birthday.

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable afternoon with us.

Thank you for your comments with regards to team and the food. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Seiont Manor again very soon when hopefully you can stay a bit longer.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had booked an overnight stay at Seiont Manor so we were close to Holyhead for a mid-morning ferry to Dublin. The hotel is very handily placed for this, only about 10 miles or less from the Menai Strait, and then the road to Holyhead across Anglesey is superb so one is at the ferry terminal very quickly.
The hotel itself is in very extensive grounds, the formal gardens are not massive (although they are very pleasant indeed), a lot of the hotel's grounds appear to be very naturalistic fields but there is no denying that the hotel is set in an idyllic situation, being so close to Snowdonia as it is.
The fabric of the hotel is very much in keeping with the area - lots of slate and stone. We had chosen an Executive grade bedroom but someone in the hotel told us that the only real difference between Classic and Executive was things like bath robes and so on. Whether that was true, I don't know, but the bedroom we had was very spacious, with a pleasant sitting area near the full length window from which a very pleasant view was obtained. The furnishings in the room were first class, this was a luxurious room but it was the bathroom which was very much the icing on the cake: very large for a hotel bathroom, and extremely well equipped. There was no separate shower cubicle but the bathroom was so good that it simply didn't matter.
We had an extremely good dinner, and the breakfast was first class. But the really outstanding aspect of this hotel was the staff, who without exception were extremely professional whilst being really friendly and welcoming. We are quite familiar with the Hand Picked brand and we think it is very good, but this example is outstanding. We enjoyed it so much that, although this was our first stay at the hotel, we are going to make sure that it won't be the last. It's one of the best hotels, on an all-round basis, that we have stayed at in recent years.

Room Tip: I don't know for sure but I suspect that it would be difficult to get a bad room here.
1 Thank FORRES33
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Seiont Manor Hotel prior to taking the ferry over to Ireland.

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for your wonderful comments with regards to team, the accommodation and the food. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Seiont Manor again very soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is lovely hotel with food to die for! You must try the taster menu. The quality of the food forced me into a bad habit of full welsh breakfast followed by welsh cakes and bara brith! Ideal location for exploring snowdonia. The rooms are generous and nicely appointed. One thing that I missed on the website was that there is a small gym next to the pool so I didn't get chance to work off the fantasic food.
All the staff were extremely friendly and it really has an intimate family run feel.
The only negative is that in our room there were early morning noises which were either the creaking of heating pipes or noisy neighbors above. Either way it didn't spoil our lovely break and we will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Seiont Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for your comments with regards to food and accommodation. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We decided on a two night break as we wanted a short get-away for my Birthday, after looking through many possibilities we decided to try the Seiont. We booked for two nights b & b with dinner in the restaurant on the first night. We were shown to room 7, a lovely ground floor room with French doors opening out into the garden. The room was very well appointed, clean and spacious, the only thing missing was a full length mirror which could easily of been attached to the inside of one of the large wardrobe doors. We ate both nights in the hotel, first night in the restaurant, second night in the brassiere, both meals were excellent. Breakfast was also of a high standard with an excellent choice, I chose porridge with honey which was fabulous. Last but definitely not least are the fabulous staff here, all very cheery and helpful, nothing was to much trouble for any of them, it is rare to find a hotel where the staff are so on top of their game and make it look so effortless. The staff found out it was my birthday and sweetly presented me with pink champagne! We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a special treat, we would return without question. Ten out of ten all round.

1 Thank kazamanga
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Seiont Manor Hotel to celebrate your birthday.

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for your comments with regards to team, the accommodation and the food. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

Cheshire
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed at Seiont Manor for a weekend break and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was huge with stunning views from dual aspect windows over rolling countryside and as far as the sea. The only negative comment I would make is with regard to the bathroom which was a little bland and sparse given the size of it and the hot water tap in the hand basin was very loose. We made full use of the leisure facilities including the pool and sauna both of which we had to ourselves.

There was a wedding reception in the hotel the night of our stay but this didn't affect us or intrude upon our dinner which was first class.

We were extremely lucky with the weather, a beautiful sunny and warm weekend toward the end of September which helped to show the hotel in its best light.

All in all a lovely weekend and would recommend for a weekend break.

Room Tip: Room 11, dual aspect windows.
1 Thank DeuceCheshire
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your weekend stay at Seiont Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us and were able to make the most of what the hotel has to offer.

Thank you for your comments with regards to the accommodation and the food. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Hotel is lovely and quite. Staff are very welcoming and friendly. We had a junior suite which was very comfortable. The pool and changing room were clean and nice to use. I would definitely go back again

1 Thank Lohads
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Seiont Manor Hotel for your anniversary.

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for your comments with regards to team, the accommodation and the Wellness Club. I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

Aled Humphreys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanrug
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon
Tyn Rhos Country House
Tyn Rhos Country House
#1 of 1 in Llanddeiniolen

Been to Seiont Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!