“Very good value for the quality, with a swimmimg pool”
Review of Seiont Manor Hotel

Seiont Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanrug
London, United Kingdom
“Very good value for the quality, with a swimmimg pool”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed for one night on a work trip. Usually we stay in quite basic hotels, and this was much better than that. The receptionist was very welcoming and offered to help with my bags. My room (no. 2) was lovely - very large, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was immaculate with nice Gilman & Soames toilettries. I'd had a long drive and so just wanted a quick snack. Bar service was slow as it was busy with families and couples on holiday. When the food arrived it was delicious and attractively presented - and good value. I had a very good night's sleep and started the day with a swim and a full cooked breakfast. The indoor pool is large for a hotel and well maintained - and there were only 3 of us in it. There was a 10 second power cut, which affected the hotel's computer. As I couldn't wait, the receptionist offered to email me my receipt. I expected to have to chase this up, but the good service I'd experienced followed me to the end and the receipt was already there when I arrived at the office and logged on.

Room Tip: Room 2 is good - just off the lobby. The layout is unusual in that room door are set back from the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Martin E, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of Seiont Manor Hotel. I was pleased to read your positive comments, especially regarding the good service you received as the team here at Seiont work very hard to make all our guests feel welcome and deliver a great experience.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seiont Manor in the near future.

Martin Elliott – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were hotel - less after a booking had gone wrong and were driving past this Hotel so called them to see if any availability . They had 2 rooms left . Our room was spacious ,clean ,plush and a lovely view . It was a tranquil settling. The staff very where were so helpful and friendly and in particular there was a charming American waitress in the dinning room Saturday night . Food was lovely and the wine .
We felt the location ,staff ,food and price was excellent and this was a rare weekend away without the kids and we are planning to come back with them . Even though their was a wedding and another big gathering if didn't seem busy or stretched and service was not affected.
Pool and sauna was nice .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin E, Guest Relations Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Seiont Manor Hotel. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel provided a great venue for your to enjoy some quality time.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Well he's gone! Jumped or pushed who knows. The ultra fab team comped us a lovely room and meal for my girlfriends April birthday.
Must say you guys have been exemplars to your profession. Couldn't ask for more. Will be returning, will now always be our special place.
Family function is due later this year will see you then.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your updated review after your recent stay at Seiont Manor Hotel. I am very pleased we can once again be your special place and look forward to welcoming you back to Seiont in the near future.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Conveniently situated for Snowdonia National Park this hotel is situated at the end of a long narrow driveway. The reception and other public areas are attractively decorated in a low key dated style that is quite relaxing. The dining room is an amalgam of a number of rooms so can feel quite intimate and from the main part there is a pleasant view over the fields. There is an attractive conservatory, bar and outdoor seating area all also overlooking fields. Heated indoor pool with some gym equipment and a sauna are nice.

The rooms are a very good size, nicely furnished with safe, robes, coffee making, hairdryer and nice toiletries. Lovely bathroom. Bed was OK but single type of pillow was not to my liking. The 'balcony' is reached through double doors, it is a cast metal extension that stretches outwards only a foot or so, you couldn't sit on it. The outside of this part of the building could do with a coat of paint.

The hotel makes much of its prizes for food. The food itself is of a very good quality but, as it is freshly cooked, takes a while to arrive and the meals we had were poorly cooked. The yolk of a poached egg shouldn't be absolutely solid, a fried egg shouldn't have uncooked white, sea bream shouldn't be blackened and chewy, a barbecue sauce shouldn't be caked on.......and if you order something you should get what you order. The restaurant staff both at breakfast and in the evening try very hard but haven't been thoroughly trained in the niceties that you would expect when you are paying these sort of prices.

The wine is, in my view, grossly overpriced, two glasses of 'house' wine cost £18.75.

Because there is little competition and there are a lot of upsides I would go to this hotel again but I couldn't recommend the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SubarStaffs
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been here twice now - both in December and I have been pretty impressed both times. The hotel really makes an effort for Christmas with lots of nice decorations and real trees. The staff are friendly and the food is really good. The breakfast in particular was awesome - I don't usually like breakfast but this was very nice. The rooms are pretty spacious and nicely decorated - the meeting room was a little on the small side but all the cakes and snacks they brought in throughout the day made up for that ;-) Will probably go back this December.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank bagelobagel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed with 3 other friends at Seiont Manor at the end of April. We chose the hotel based on reviews and the access to swimming pool and sauna. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and were checked in very quickly. The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable with great views of the grounds. We booked the dinner and breakfast package, both of which were excellent. We also tried the swimming pool and Sauna on both days, especially on the second day after the trek up Snowdon. All in all a great hotel with great service and food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jamestpendletom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I was with my friend on dinner the food was very good, I have lamb and my friend steak all come to table perfect I will say 10 for 10. Please try puddings after dinner very nice all looks home make and the sorbets....

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank John B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanrug
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Black Boy Inn
Black Boy Inn
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon

Been to Seiont Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!