Seiont Manor Hotel
Lake View(Llanberis)
US$115
  • Restaurant
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
US$126
Travelocity
US$105
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Caernarfon Hotel(Caernarfon)(Great Value!)
US$62
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
US$105
US$133
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslovely hoteljunior suitehand picked hotelsduty managersmall gymswimming poolcoffee machineroom was largewine listlovely settinglambwelsh cakesmain restaurantnorth walesreception staffleisure facilitiespoached eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We took a Classic Room which proved to be spacious, had a king size bed and French windows that opened onto a small balcony looking over delightful gardens. The bathroom was large and well supplied with quality toiletries. All very satisfactory and as a bonus there was a bottle of wine included in our package.

Opinions on dinner were mixed with me being very pleased with Bob Jones slow roast belly pork with scallops. Delicious! My wife was less impressed with her steak, tough and more rare than the medium she had asked for. To be fair, the very friendly Mexican head waiter waived the £6 supplementary charge when the quality of the steak was criticised. Reasonable value at £28 for two courses and I might have tried their local cheeses, but £13? I don't think so. Wine was also very expensive. House wine (admittedly pretty good) started at £19 with not much else under £30. Surely a few bottles in the £15-20 range should be possible?

Breakfast was good and service efficient.
The staff were all delightful, helpful and friendly which always helps. Overall the price of £99 for the room with a bottle of wine and good breakfast was great value. Dining was not quite as good as I had hoped for, but not bad and I would certainly go back to their delightful location.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phillip P
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist which set the scene for our entire stay, having booked early we had been upgraded to a junior suite which was very well furnished with balconies on two sides. The meals in the fine dining restaurant were to a high standard, but the menu does not change from day to day, which could be a problem after a few days. The hotel sits in fields complete with sheep and cows, a rural idyll. Generally nothing was too much trouble for the staff, we did however have one morning where the service at breakfast was distinctly below par. The swimming pool is very nice, but the changing rooms are cramped, most hotel guests get changed in their rooms and walk to the pool in the complimentary robes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights with my partner, all I can say is we loved it!!
The rooms are amazing with every little extra you'll possibly need, each has French doors onto a lovely terrace, quiet and private.
Special mention to Megan and Dominic on reception, Beverly the American waitress and Stuart the waiter at breakfast, who didn't bat an eyelid when we asked to eat brekkie outside.!!
A lovely hotel in gorgeous surroundings, if you're hoping for a pub crawl within walking distance then I'd go elsewhere, we weren't and Seiont Manor bar service was ample!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the positives, the hotel is in a lovely setting, as soon as you arrive you instantly feel relaxed. The hotel staff were very friendly and attentive. Its a shame that the afternoon tea was a disappointment . It did look very impressive, and the coffee was very nice. However the bread for the sandwiches was dry, the scones were dry and the worst welsh cakes I've ever had- More like a hard biscuit with a crunch! I didn't try the cake but was told it was very nice. I have stayed here once before and the rooms are lovely so I wouldn't want this review to put anyone off staying as it's a very peaceful hotel but unfortunately I won't be recommending the afternoon tea to anyone.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Curly82
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here 3 times....Iconic and inspirational. Hotel well furnished and somewhat special from the moment you walk in through the door. Rooms beautiful and overlooking countryside (and river).

Restaurant exceptional, brilliant breakfast and a la carte for dinner. Good wine list and well kept beers.

Service exceptional and for me....the hotel is a five minute stroll from a salmon river with fishing rights.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family