“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Seiont Manor Hotel

Seiont Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanrug
Reviewed 13 August 2014

What a beautiful hotel, the room we had was fantastic and very, very clean, we especially liked the balcony which was great with the warm weather and the massive bed was amazing (i had to phone my wife to say goodnight it was that big;) ). Breakfast was very enjoyable, plenty of everything and all cooked perfectly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markinstoke

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed 8 days and had a very quiet and comfortable stay. The rooms are really large, we were glad to be on the upper storey as there was I suspect better light and we were happier to leave the windows open at night. very warm duvet - no thinner ones when I asked.
The breakfast is fine with a good selection of cooked options. We only ate in once as the meal was expensive at £37 for 3 courses and we found the food rather over-flavoured/salted. We had to ask to get any green veg... when it came it was lovely. Good wine list but very high prices -nothing that I can recall under £28.
The pool area if nice though it is only 120cm deep throughout but very clean and well maintained

Room Tip: on the upper level.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on a family break. We were in room 4, a lovely, spacious room with a double bed and a 'proper' single bed for our 5 year old. Room had doors leading out to a shared seating area overlooking gardens.
Evening meal was okay. We had a table overlooking the garden but it also looked over a parking area & building extensions. The dining room and ambiance was perfect for a family meal but it isn't somewhere to go to get dressed up & have a romantic meal.
Breakfast the next day was very slow, it took well over an hour from start to finish.
Staff were lovely and as I said, it was a great weekend away as a family in a lovely location.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mopps09
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel to explore the Snowdonia area. It is in a great location for this. Easy driving distance from the base of Snowdon and plenty of walking opportunities. The rooms are comfortable and pretty quiet. Maybe a little tired in places, but nothing to complain about. Pool looked nice, although I didn't get to use it. The things that let the hotel down was the service. There are plenty of staff but I'm not sure they all know their roles. When our in room kettle broke, we phoned reception. After promising a new one to be brought to the room, they promptly forgot about it. They did bring another one after a second phone call. However, the cleaning staff then took the working kettle and left the broken one the next day. You need to leave plenty of time for breakfast too, particularly if you are ordering something from the kitchen. Again there were plenty of staff but no organisation. First seated, then 5 minutes later asked about tea and coffee & then 10 minutes later did we want something from the kitchen. Then you had to wait 15 minutes for hot food to arrive, in which time you had been asked over and over again by various young boys did we want to order anything. One person taking control may be more efficient. It is a nice hotel but just lacks the necessary finish to make it 4 stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richardwebb
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Would recommend this hotel as the staff are so welcoming and helpful and it's the perfect base for exploring Snowdonia. We have stayed here twice and have found the rooms to be very comfortable and our breakfast was excellent. I would recommend the chef's welsh
cakes, he kindly gave me the recipe for them too. We had a bar meal which was good and reasonably priced. The Hotel is in a peaceful rural setting but has all the modern facilities you would expect for this standard of accommodation. For the more energetic there's a lovely swimming pool and a couple of exercise machines.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mooms4u
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We ended up staying at this hotel as an emergency as our pre-booked accommodation elsewhere was below par.
As soon as we walked through the door it felt like we were on holiday. We stayed in the bridal suite as it was available! However it allowed room for 2 extra beds for the kids without the room feeling cramped.
Breakfast was perfect -plenty of choice from fresh fruit to pastries to full English. The restaurant manager was lovely and made us feel very welcome and was very chatty.

A special mention has to go to Dominic who was a legend! He helped us sort further accommodation for the remainder of our holiday and was always at the desk with a friendly smile.
It really did seem that nothing was too much trouble. An excellent hotel set in beautiful grounds.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel was lovely, large clean rooms with everything you could wish for. Attention to detail is all I can say but what made it special was the staff.
I had travelled 300 miles with an extremely bad back to stay here. On departure day our car gear box went. So I faced an 11 hour instead of 5 hour trip home on various AA recovery trucks. The girl on reception was incredible ....not only did she say we could stay in the room after checkout, she also supplied me with biscuits so I could take painkillers on the way without having an empty stomach and a cushion for my back which I have to say was a god send. I had a pretty comfortable trip home thanks to the receptionist. I thank her from the bottom of my heart.
I would definitely return to this hotel without a moments hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanrug
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Deganwy
Black Boy Inn
Black Boy Inn
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon

Been to Seiont Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!