Brynteg Holiday Home Park
US$132
Lake View(Llanberis)
US$96
  • Restaurant
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
US$120
Celtic Royal Hotel(Caernarfon)
US$159
US$109
Menai Bank Hotel(Caernarfon)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshot tubswimming poolspa areasoft play areaexcellent facilitieslake areashop on sitenorth walesgreat holidaylakeside restaurantreception teambeautiful sitesteam roomcentral heatingout of seasonwelcome packboat house
Reviewed 20 November 2010

We stayed here beginning of Nov and it was my husband, son and myself in the luxury prestige lodge. I think there was approx another 3-5 other occupants also in the park , so no queues or busy facilities.

The lodge was clean, warm, stunning and smelt good. The park was clean and the swimming pool which was lovely and all ours :0) I particuraly enjoyed using the sauna and sweet smelling steam room. And there is a pleasant sunny sitting area with cushioned chairs to enjoy a good book if you decide against swimming.

We bowled, but didnt try any of the known activities as we didnt book in advance and there was nobody to be seen at any of the activity areas. Plus the activity areas looked as though they could be a little cramped not for the shyest of people ;0)

There is a Bistro, but it was closed during our stay, as was the restaurant bar Friday night.

The staff were freindly enough, and the immediate area was lovely with mountain and lake views, very picture perfect.

I wouldnt reccommend venturing into llanberis there is nothing aestheticaly pleasing there.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MRANDMRSSMITH05
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Just had our second trip to Brynteg this year. Last time was in 6 berth Snowdon Caravan and this time a 6 berth Clogwyn caravan which is described as super luxury. The Snowdon van was actually fine, if a bit old. Clogwyn was newer but hardly super luxury. However this doesn't detract from the strength of this review as I do really rate the place and the vans represent great value for money out of season. I would consider a 4 berth van next time as they really have to squeeze everything else in to accommodate the 3rd bedroom which we didn't end up using as our toddler sleeps with us anyway. The 3rd bedroom had very narrow beds - approx 1ft 6" wide so you might take this into account if you have older kids or adults to accommodate. Love the park, facilities etc. We all love the ease of getting up in the morning for a swim in the pool and a play in the play room while the adults have coffee etc and then off somewhere for the middle of the day. It's a great location which really takes the edge off the grind of the daily commute the rest of the week. Just wish it was a bit closer to us then we could go all the time!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We have just returned from a week at Brynteg. Husband, Me and Daughter aged 12.

First of all, the Park. Beautiful scenery, landscaped with loads of plants and flowers, trees etc. Slight little hill towards the lake. Nice little walk, again, beautiful lake with restaurant. Childrens play area well equipped and very close to leisure area and the nearby caravans. Very clean and well maintained park.
Poolside cafe- again very clean , really well appointed and efficent friendly staff. Good Food and excellent value for money. Also pizza etc available for take aways.
So, good so far.

We stayed in the super luxurious 3 bedroomed CLOGWYN PLUS Caravan with hot tub. £900 +per week, Top of the range caravan. Didn't expect too much, from the photos on the web page etc, I knew it wasn't going to be outstanding. On previous parks for the same value of money the caravans have always been 1-2 yrs old- this was 7 yrs old. and very basic. I must admit I thought it would have had a little more to it. Again, it was very clean. No faults or complaints there at all. But the actual interior was a little tarded. The net curtains had a few little holes in. The furniture was worn and some sections were uncomfortable and broke. We did have some lights fixed with new bulbs and once reported, maintence was soon around to fix. NO complaints with the service!
I did expect the caravan to be better situated for the price. We were next to the leisure complex and opposite the play area. It was a little noisy late at night on a couple of occasions. The majorirty of the accomodation are privately owned . The caravans are very close together but there are convenient car spaces to park.

There was a great FAMILY FRIENDLY pub on the corner of the main road. This was FAB! It was great value for money , lovely food, great choice for children as well as adults. As it is the only pub around, it does get really really busy so go early or even book a table in advance. We ate there most evenings.

Overall, lovely park but I would advise to book a lodge rather than a caravan. But that's only my choice. I just missed booking a lodge and these are near the lake and in the wooded area.
This is only my opinion and I know accomodation is just a base for exploring the area but you still want a home from home feel. I dont think we would come back but there are worst places to visit!! I have learned that from past experiences.
Whatever you choose ,Brynteg should be proud of their staff for their efficiency, friendliness and support, and this is sometimes hard to find. Enjoy your time here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MumandAbs
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Me, and my family have been to Brynteg 10 times since 2003, and every time we fall in love with it even more We would never consider another site in Britain now. The last two times we have stayed in a lodge, with a hot tub, which are brilliant, even though they are at the top of the site by the lake. We have always found the caravans to be spotlessly clean, I did think that a couple of the lower end ones maybe needing updating slightly, but I was advised by the reception ladies that they were having a lot of new caravans for the next year. The staff are lovely, the facilities superb, the children love it, the scenery is magnificent and the best thing of all.... No CHAVS. Says it all really... A lovely upmarket site. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank josEngland
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We chose Bryn Teg for a Spring Bank Holiday week because we wanted to explore North Wales which I hadn't been to since a teenager (more years than I really care to mention!) and we were not disappointed. In fact, I would highly recommend this site if you're looking for good leisure facilities in a peaceful and pretty spot which is within good distance of some very pretty villages and mountains. Our caravan, a Snowdon, was not at the top end of the scale in terms of cost but was above our expectations. We were situated around the duck pound and saw lots of wildlife whilst there. We travelled with my daughter 8, husband, brother and mum (who is nearing her 80's and is now disabled). All I ever expect from my holidays is that the accommodation is clean and relatively up to date and it's not full of rowdy beer swilling idiots. I'm not one of those people who expect to pay little and get lots. Let's face it you only ever get what you pay for and bargain holidays in my experience are always usually cheap, cheerful and basic because these are the holidays the tour operators cannot shift. Bryn Teg is none of this. It's not the cheapest end of the market but it certainly deliver both on good quality facilities and customer service. So here's the low down:-

Caravan - clean, tidy and well serviced. Great position and very close to all the facilities.

Area- sooooo much to do here. I'd forgotten how beautiful Wales was and this has only sparked my affection for this much maligned country again. Try Caernarfon and its awe inspiring castle and pretty town/estuary views. Betwys-y-Coed charming inland village; Mount Snowdon railway; Piggery Pottery; Port Meirion (Italianate village inspired in the early 20C and film site for the cult 60;s series The Prisoner - not to be missed - absolutely surreal!). Anglesey (Llanfair PG tiny little place with a shopping outlet but you've just got to go so that you can stand under the railway sign with the longest name in the UK!). Also beautiful all along the coastline. Avoid Holyhead (cheap and nasty) and whatever you do don't go to Rhyl - vile, disgusting, nasty, 1970's beer and bingo doss hole!) We stayed for a week and there was much that we didn't see - a great excuse to return!

Site/Facilities - beautiful clean site with a mixture of caravans and lodges (lodges overlook a huge lake). Pool lovely and warm every day with the added feature of conservatory rest area with nice rattan furniture for chilling and reading. Turkish and Finnish sauna and tanning both (if you want to return home with a Mediterranean tan !!)
Eateries excellent and good value for money. Poolside coffee bar with tasty breakfast once you've done your 800 metres in the pool. Centre also houses a restaurant which served delicious food too. Entertainment was provided during the week in the small lounge area, quite low key, not too loud but mostly participative.

There is also a small children's wooden adventure park plus toddler's park onsite. Additionally a small shop with friendly owners stocking reasonable amount of goodies plus basics at reasonable prices.

All in all, a very relaxing, peaceful but interesting holiday with plenty of facilities onsite and the sun shone all week which made it even better. Will definitely be returning to Bryn Teg in the future and would recommend it to all.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family