We were so looking forward to this mini break !
I took my 6 year old daughter and her grandmother for a 3 night stay in Brynteg holiday park. Never again !
The park itself is lovely with a great pool and facilities- however what the brochure doesn't advice is that some of the park is in full or dappled shade from towering mature trees and some caravans are then north facing. No sun or warmth.
Our caravan number 201 was located at the top of the park and situated under 4 large overhanging trees - we had no natural sunlight or warm at anytime during our stay. Lower down in the park they experienced full sun and temperatures of 20 c plus.
We asked to be moved on our arrival but to no avail. We were promised return phone calls by reception but to no avail.
We were eventually advised that if we wish to move for the remaining 2 nights we would have to pay £100 for the cleaning and admin to a lesser older caravan !
Pay for £100.00 for 2 nights on top of our £300 already paid - I think not !
The lake to the top of the park is covered in mosquitoes and you cannot paddle or fish or skim stones signs advise. The bistro was closed during our stay - as we were in the off peak season - disappointing !
You cannot play ball games on the lawned area either. You cannot have skate boards or scooters on the park either. Swimming in Brynteg pool is restricted for children too. All children must be out of the pool area during 10 - 11am every day.
Too may rules and restriction for our liking - we are a carefree, respectable family and wanted so much to enjoy our mini break but all of the above has put us off Brynteg.
I will not be returning to Brynteg due to these reason. the facilities are lovely but watch out for the dark dingy caravans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brynteg is a 5 star luxury Holiday Home Park in North Wales that has everything your family could want in a home from home. Stay with us and you will see why we have had thousands of satisfied customers over the 16 years it has been in family ownership. Owning or renting a caravan or lodge at Brynteg offers a choice of over 30 different adventure activities, both in our indoor leisure complex with tropically-heated swimming pool, and around our stunning private lake with its backdrop of the Snowdonia mountains. No wonder Brynteg won a 5 star Visit Wales award. A recent addition to the 5 star facilities is our stunning SPA, with Seashell Hydrotherapy Pool, Steam Room, Scandinavian Pine Wood Sauna, mosaic tiled Tepidarium and tropical Rain Forest Shower. Included is a Beauty Treatment Suite where our excellent team of therapists offer a whole range of massages, facials and more. The creative menus found at our Country Club Restaurant feature locally-sourced quality produce and you can enjoy a relaxing drink in our over 21s Library Bar. View our fantastic entertainment and event programme for 2015 and you'll see that Brynteg has what it takes to deliver you and your family a truly exceptional experience. Come and visit us whether you wish to buy a luxury static caravan or holiday lodge, or are just looking for an ideal holiday escape. We'd like to welcome you here to see for yourself why we are so passionate about Brynteg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Brynteg Holiday Home Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Hotel Llanrug
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Llanrug, Wales