We stopped here for the October half term, in a caravan which many people thought was brave. What can I say? The central heating was on when we got there and it was tropical so we had to open windows and turn it down. The caravan was opposite the park and next to the leisure centre, which, having stopped at other parks we were worried about due to us having young children in case there was noise when people left the evening entertainment. It just isn't that kind of park. It is absolutely family orientated and all the facilities and all the staff are unbelievable but it was as if the place was half empty even though it was full. The soft play area was great (and free which compared to last years peak district site where we had to book, queue and pay was a real plus - especially on a wet day), the pool was lovely with enough changing rooms and lockers, the place was clean and the staff were friendly, cared and worked really, really hard - you see the same faces in different places.
The country club restaurant is also where the evening entertainment is. The children ate free Mon - Thurs and the guy who was doing the entertainment was really good. Not your usual smarmy entertainer and no parental involvement which was appreciated. We had 5 children between 2 couples so if we were eating he would start a game of musical bumps and the children were entertained while we ate in peace. Absolutely invaluable and something we have never managed to do before so thank you!
I really can't recommend this park enough and would definitely go again. My only negative was that the activities weren't for toddlers and the only thing we booked our younger 2 children in for - which was the halloween party - was really for older children and should really have said so in the literature. Our eldest did the canoeing activity and absolutely loved it.
The surrounding area is really good and we really enjoyed both Greenwood Forest Park and Pili Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brynteg is a 5 star luxury Holiday Home Park in North Wales that has everything your family could want in a home from home. Stay with us and you will see why we have had thousands of satisfied customers over the 16 years it has been in family ownership. Owning or renting a caravan or lodge at Brynteg offers a choice of over 30 different adventure activities, both in our indoor leisure complex with tropically-heated swimming pool, and around our stunning private lake with its backdrop of the Snowdonia mountains. No wonder Brynteg won a 5 star Visit Wales award. A recent addition to the 5 star facilities is our stunning SPA, with Seashell Hydrotherapy Pool, Steam Room, Scandinavian Pine Wood Sauna, mosaic tiled Tepidarium and tropical Rain Forest Shower. Included is a Beauty Treatment Suite where our excellent team of therapists offer a whole range of massages, facials and more. The creative menus found at our Country Club Restaurant feature locally-sourced quality produce and you can enjoy a relaxing drink in our over 21s Library Bar. View our fantastic entertainment and event programme for 2015 and you'll see that Brynteg has what it takes to deliver you and your family a truly exceptional experience. Come and visit us whether you wish to buy a luxury static caravan or holiday lodge, or are just looking for an ideal holiday escape. We'd like to welcome you here to see for yourself why we are so passionate about Brynteg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Brynteg Holiday Home Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Hotel Llanrug
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Llanrug, Wales