Having read previous reviews of the park we were expecting good things, but on our arrival that wasn't the case ,we were invited to book activities for our 5 year old son only to find that practically everything for the coming week had already been booked up by owners of caravans on site, who are able to book 2 weeks in advance. As we were only there for a week it was very disappointing for our little boy. We then went to book a table in the restaurant only to find that they too had been booked up as well, we were given a table in the hall where the children's entertainment was taking place, as we were tired from the long drive we decided just to take it. We were sqeezed onto a small table,despite there being larger tables empty apart from mobile phones left on them in order to keep the table. When the food arrived we found it to be average but still had to pay the restaurant prices,even though we had to put up with extreme noise levels coming from the children's entertainment.
The caravan itself was of a high standard (Which we had booked) although there was no outside space to sit, as the caravans that were owned had, we had a mini car park 2 feet from the door !
The pool area is very good and especially the sauna and steam room, but on one occasion while in the pool a pool attendant reprimanded my wife for letting our little boy use one of the spare floats from the poolside ( Probably was reserved).
Overall it is a nice park in lovely surroundings,but it mainly caters for the needs of the caravan owners which is about 80% in my opinion.Another point being is that the park staff do not enforce the park rules in particular with owners kids who kick footballs around all over the place,
Would I rent again probably not, but if you are looking to buy a caravan then it is worth considering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brynteg is a 5 star luxury Holiday Home Park in North Wales that has everything your family could want in a home from home. Stay with us and you will see why we have had thousands of satisfied customers over the 16 years it has been in family ownership. Owning or renting a caravan or lodge at Brynteg offers a choice of over 30 different adventure activities, both in our indoor leisure complex with tropically-heated swimming pool, and around our stunning private lake with its backdrop of the Snowdonia mountains. No wonder Brynteg won a 5 star Visit Wales award. A recent addition to the 5 star facilities is our stunning SPA, with Seashell Hydrotherapy Pool, Steam Room, Scandinavian Pine Wood Sauna, mosaic tiled Tepidarium and tropical Rain Forest Shower. Included is a Beauty Treatment Suite where our excellent team of therapists offer a whole range of massages, facials and more. The creative menus found at our Country Club Restaurant feature locally-sourced quality produce and you can enjoy a relaxing drink in our over 21s Library Bar. View our fantastic entertainment and event programme for 2015 and you'll see that Brynteg has what it takes to deliver you and your family a truly exceptional experience. Come and visit us whether you wish to buy a luxury static caravan or holiday lodge, or are just looking for an ideal holiday escape. We'd like to welcome you here to see for yourself why we are so passionate about Brynteg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Brynteg Holiday Home Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Hotel Llanrug
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Llanrug, Wales