Firstly we love this site and have been coming here for twenty years.
Returned this weekend after not being here for about 18 months. What a change in a disappointing way!
We understand maybe the site is trying to change but, who made these drastic decisions.
The pool is so dark and un inviting. Dark purple! What! You used to be able to use the sauna and steam room but now it's all blocked off and apparently you have to book! The changing rooms are also smaller and still as hot. Went for a swim and afterwards a young lad asked for a portion of fries in the new spa cafe to be told "we don't do fries on there own"????
So we went up to the country bar for a drink(Friday) doesn't open till 5 pm?
We decided to go for a game of ten pin bowling. That had gone too. Made into a teenage room? So we continued through to the shop and guess what, a quarter of the size it used to be. Mad for a site this big.
On the plus side we got a pizza from the lakeside bar which was very reasonable and gorgeous to. Although felt sorry for the young man who was working the bar and kitchen on his own!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brynteg is a 5 star luxury Holiday Home Park in North Wales that has everything your family could want in a home from home. Stay with us and you will see why we have had thousands of satisfied customers over the 16 years it has been in family ownership. Owning or renting a caravan or lodge at Brynteg offers a choice of over 30 different adventure activities, both in our indoor leisure complex with tropically-heated swimming pool, and around our stunning private lake with its backdrop of the Snowdonia mountains. No wonder Brynteg won a 5 star Visit Wales award. A recent addition to the 5 star facilities is our stunning SPA, with Seashell Hydrotherapy Pool, Steam Room, Scandinavian Pine Wood Sauna, mosaic tiled Tepidarium and tropical Rain Forest Shower. Included is a Beauty Treatment Suite where our excellent team of therapists offer a whole range of massages, facials and more. The creative menus found at our Country Club Restaurant feature locally-sourced quality produce and you can enjoy a relaxing drink in our over 21s Library Bar. View our fantastic entertainment and event programme for 2015 and you'll see that Brynteg has what it takes to deliver you and your family a truly exceptional experience. Come and visit us whether you wish to buy a luxury static caravan or holiday lodge, or are just looking for an ideal holiday escape. We'd like to welcome you here to see for yourself why we are so passionate about Brynteg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Brynteg Holiday Home Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Hotel Llanrug
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Llanrug, Wales