I booked a weekend break at Brynteg through Hoseasons for myself, partner and children (5 and 1). I paid £150 for a 3 night break in a Snowdon Caravan (no, 100). On arrival we quickly got our keys and made out way to the caravan. It was a 3 bedroom model with TV, DVD and freeview, central heating, bed linen made up on arrival, microwave etc. It didn't have patio furniture and really didn't have any outdoor space to itself as such, though we didn't really require it during our stay. The setting is woodland and well landscaped. The van was reasonably old but very well kept and to a good standard. There was nothing we didn't really have. We used one of the bedrooms to put up our daughter's travel cot. We had to put one bed on its end against the wall to make room etc. The site is well laid out and the vast majority of units are privately owned with a few lodges and caravans in their rental fleet. We were near to the play areas which were never very loud and indeed they lock them in the evening and they don't open until gone 9am! This was a minor downside. The facilities didn't get started until at least 9am and my children were up before 7am! My partner and son used the pool twice and this was very well laid out with lifeguard on duty etc. I took my daughter in for viewing. They describe the pool as tropically heated and I can report it was certainly tropical in there! Next to the pool there is a Costa coffee area and a small soft play area for juniors and toddlers. Further up the complex there is a climbing wall, trampolining area, 2 lane bowling alley, micro amusement area (pitched just right - not garish etc). They also have a small gym and a shop. Most of the activities can be booked via the swimming pool reception via a points system. My eldest child was too young for most of the activities but I would imagine eager older children could spend a fair amount on these activities. At the other end of the site is a beautiful lake, which I do feel they could be utilising to better effect. Currently there is a bistro here though we didn't eat there. I would say that a minor niggle regarding the Brynteg site as a whole is the lack of adequate signage on the whole site. Despite being given a map on arrival it was very difficult to get our bearings and we got quite lost trying to locate the lake! The surrounding area is beautiful and we had a trip into Caernarfon and across the Menai Bridge to Anglesey. We didn't use to the bar or evening entertainment so can't comment on that but would heartily recommend the site to anyone considering a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brynteg is a 5 star luxury Holiday Home Park in North Wales that has everything your family could want in a home from home. Stay with us and you will see why we have had thousands of satisfied customers over the 16 years it has been in family ownership. Owning or renting a caravan or lodge at Brynteg offers a choice of over 30 different adventure activities, both in our indoor leisure complex with tropically-heated swimming pool, and around our stunning private lake with its backdrop of the Snowdonia mountains. No wonder Brynteg won a 5 star Visit Wales award. A recent addition to the 5 star facilities is our stunning SPA, with Seashell Hydrotherapy Pool, Steam Room, Scandinavian Pine Wood Sauna, mosaic tiled Tepidarium and tropical Rain Forest Shower. Included is a Beauty Treatment Suite where our excellent team of therapists offer a whole range of massages, facials and more. The creative menus found at our Country Club Restaurant feature locally-sourced quality produce and you can enjoy a relaxing drink in our over 21s Library Bar. View our fantastic entertainment and event programme for 2015 and you'll see that Brynteg has what it takes to deliver you and your family a truly exceptional experience. Come and visit us whether you wish to buy a luxury static caravan or holiday lodge, or are just looking for an ideal holiday escape. We'd like to welcome you here to see for yourself why we are so passionate about Brynteg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Brynteg Holiday Home Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Hotel Llanrug
- Brynteg Holiday Home Park Llanrug, Wales