Lovely hotel on the main road in monmouth. Bit wooried about possible noise, but considering it was monmouths carnival weel everythong was fine. Only problem with the lovely room, was the intense heat, being summer... but could only open window 4 inches. The pub was extremely hot too. How the staff, who were brilliant, work in that heat is amazing.
Anyway, they found a fan for us and that helped a lot. The hotel has just been renovated and they hadnt fitted air con or slupplied enough fans for everyone
We promised to let their head office know that they need to supply some form of cooling. Especially how hard they all work.
The breakfast was brilliant and so was the eveing meal we ate there. They seem to be famous for their tapas.
Would go back anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punch House is on Agincourt Square in the centre of the historic border town of Monmouth, in south east wales.An old coaching inn, the Punch House has undergone a full transformation and is now Punch House Cafe Bar.It has 11 ensuite letting rooms offer comfortable good value accommodation right in the heart of the town. Your neighbourhood cafe bar is perfect for every occasion, whether it be a leisurely breakfast or a business lunch, afternoon coffee or an evening of tapas & wine, they’ve got it all covered. The friendly team will be on hand to make sure that you are well looked after and when you don’t want to leave you can check-in to one of the luxurious rooms for the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Punch House Monmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punch House Monmouth Hotel Monmouth
- Punch House Monmouth Monmouthshire