Went here for an evening meal during a walking weekend.
the bar/restaurant was nicely decorated and staff were friendly with prompt service.
the food however was not of the same standard. i had a brioche burger which sounded lovely but was all bun and no burger. opted to share a cheese board for desert which again was small (3 crackers, 3 pieces of bread, a few small chunks of cheese and a pear chutney). everything else was great but the food left much to be desired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punch House is on Agincourt Square in the centre of the historic border town of Monmouth, in south east wales.An old coaching inn, the Punch House has undergone a full transformation and is now Punch House Cafe Bar.It has 11 ensuite letting rooms offer comfortable good value accommodation right in the heart of the town. Your neighbourhood cafe bar is perfect for every occasion, whether it be a leisurely breakfast or a business lunch, afternoon coffee or an evening of tapas & wine, they’ve got it all covered. The friendly team will be on hand to make sure that you are well looked after and when you don’t want to leave you can check-in to one of the luxurious rooms for the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Punch House Monmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punch House Monmouth Hotel Monmouth
- Punch House Monmouth Monmouthshire