“Fabulous stay last summer”
Review of Old Hendre Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monmouth
Old Hendre Farm
Ranked #2 of 21 Monmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed in the Green Room when I came through on Offa's Dyke Path last summer. The owner was delightful, taking the time to answer many of my questions about farm life in Wales. The food and accommodations were definitely a highlight of the various B&Bs and hotels that I stayed at as I made my way north along Offa's Dyke.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was working down in Monmouth and unable to use my usual place (which is also very remote) and I booked in here. The directions were spot on and I received a very warm welcome including tea and Welsh cakes. I was staying in a yet to be completed self catering unit as the farmhouse was full but the bedroom was fully ready as was the kitchen (which I did not need to use). The bed was comfortable and there was tea provided along with all toiletries etc. I had to go up to the farm house for internet but was plied with tea whenever I went! The internet should be connected shortly. It proved a very friendly place both from the management and guest point of view (I even gave some chess coaching to another guest's son!). thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I and 2 Friends stayed one night as part of our Walk along Offas Dyke. We were wonderfully looked after by the the Owner Valerie Barrell. The evening meal and breakfast were both of a very high quality and their presentation first class. Just superb.

Room Tip: Nothing to add - all rooms, food and service were excellent
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Valerie gave ,pus a warm, convivial welcome to her beautifully- appointed, secluded farmhouse. We enjoyed spotlessly clean, comfortable accommodation, with all of the amenities that you would expect in a modern B and B. Valerie provided ample breakfasts with a considerable variety of choice, all well-prepared and deliciously cooked. We requested an Evening Meal on the night of our arrival, which Val cheerfully prepared for us. The whole experience was a delight - thank you Val!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

You will not be disappointed by this excellent B&B. We were all very impressed with the great food, first class accommodation and the friendly, helpful welcome. We would recommend this B&B to anyone. Really impossible to find any faults whatsoever!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have spent years travelling around Great Britain walking and exploring the countryside, using B&Bs. This B&B must rank as one of the best. Nothing was too much trouble, Valerie was most obliging. The accommodation was spotlessly clean, wonderful breakfast, rooms were perfect with wifi connection and frankly lacked nothing. The area is of course delightful so if you are looking for excellent value for money with every 'mod con' look no further just go and enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AvrilS S
Reviewed 23 March 2014

great place to stay,good people great food .central location for Forest of Dean .canoes in monmouth .amazing wildlife and fabulous views .ideal for country sports or ramblers.watch buzzards and herons flying up the valley and deer by the bucketload eating the golfcourse.relaxed atmosphere great host and lovely breakfast served at a time of my choosing .

Room Tip: yellow or green room views across country
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo