Old Hendre Farm
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Monmouth
See available hotels
Riverside Hotel(Monmouth)
The Whitebrook(Whitebrook)
  • Restaurant
Llansantffraed Court(Llanvihangel Gobion)
The Paddocks Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
View Hotel
The Old Court Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
Poolway House(Coleford)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe blue roomwelsh cakesb boffa's dykeon arrivalmonmouth arealarge sitting roompacked lunchbeautiful rural locationcycling tripfriendly staylong daysday's walkan evening mealcup of teabreakfast tablefour miles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A lovely farmhouse B&B right on the Offa's Dyke national trail. Very welcoming, comfy and well equipped. Gorgeous country views from the bedroom. Tasty full English breakfast and generous packed lunch for the walk. Also provided luggage transfer to next stop en route. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our fourth stay at Old Hendre Farm and was as good as ever. Valerie is the perfect hostess and cannot do enough for her guests, and is always available to offer advice about the surrounding area and its numerous attractions. We stayed in The Blue Room again, which overlooks rolling countryside and is equipped with every convenience for a very comfortable stay. Valerie's breakfasts (and friendly chats) are always a highlight of the day, and the food is always beautifully cooked and presented. Situated in a very peaceful location, although only about 4 miles from the attractive town of Monmouth, this is the ideal B&B, and one we intend to return to again. Many, many thanks. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

we stayed at Old Hendre Farm while walking Offa's Dyke Path last month. We were exhausted, damp, and muddy when we arrived—a bit late, having had some trouble finding our way. Valerie welcomed us warmly with a pot of tea, and offered to launder our clothes—which she did. The decor is lovely, the hostess friendly, and the food tasty. Evening meal available for an extra charge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed in the Green Room when I came through on Offa's Dyke Path last summer. The owner was delightful, taking the time to answer many of my questions about farm life in Wales. The food and accommodations were definitely a highlight of the various B&Bs and hotels that I stayed at as I made my way north along Offa's Dyke.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was working down in Monmouth and unable to use my usual place (which is also very remote) and I booked in here. The directions were spot on and I received a very warm welcome including tea and Welsh cakes. I was staying in a yet to be completed self catering unit as the farmhouse was full but the bedroom was fully ready as was the kitchen (which I did not need to use). The bed was comfortable and there was tea provided along with all toiletries etc. I had to go up to the farm house for internet but was plied with tea whenever I went! The internet should be connected shortly. It proved a very friendly place both from the management and guest point of view (I even gave some chess coaching to another guest's son!). thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business