“A good place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 21 Monmouth B&B and Inns
cheshire
“A good place to stay”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This family run business offers excellent accommodation and brilliant breakfast.
The welcoming committee ( Richard) performed really well and we had everything we needed including a free morning paper. Hotels charging far more than this can not compete with the charm and friendliness of this place.
On site parking is not available but there was plenty of space on the street overnight.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hermioneCheshire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The Coach House is great value for money. We stayed for two nights, when attending a wedding in Monmouth, and enjoyed a very comfortable stay. Richard was so helpful and kind. Will definitely return in the future!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here while on a leisure cycle through the Wye Valley and Brecon Beacons. Unfortunately, woke up to stair-rod torrential rain; 25 mph winds; and a forecast saying it was set for the rst of the day. Our host used his local conections to sort out transport for our bikes and oursleves to our next stop; and let us overstay until gone midday while we waited to be picked up. And this for folk stopping just one night and unlikely to be in Monmouth overnight again. It came on top of top of friendly and helpful advice the previous night on good local eating and drinking places. A good bed and breakfast even without all of this.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Tetbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights. The owners were very user friendly and make you feel very welcome. Like most rooms in hotels this summer it was warm when I went to bed but cooled off during the night. Monmouth is a really nice town and I was directed to a fantastic Indian restaurant ! In the morning I was served up with the most enormous "full English" which satisfied my greed !!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2013

As a solo traveler hiking the Offa's Dyke I found this a lovely place to rest. The proprietor was warm and helpful, and pointed me to an excellent restaurant for my evening meal. The breakfast was well done and filling.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank D H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights. I was met on arrival by Richard who served me up a nice pot of tea and we had a lengthy chat. He pointed me in the right direction for places to eat. My double room was a good size, clean and had a good en suite. Breakfast each day was substantial and nicely cooked. In the morning Richard and I went to see the rugby on tv and he also sorted my laundry for me. I was made feel very welcome and it added to a nice stay in Monmouth. Thanks again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mike M
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Eight of us stayed here on a walking break in the Wye Valley; it was not easy to find accommodation in Monmouth but we remembered having tea here several years ago whilst walking the Offa`s Dyke path and we are so glad that we booked. The family owners are delightful and very helpful and the rooms are well-appointed and very clean although one of the doubles is very small.Breakfast was good and we ate here on two nights and were very pleased with the standard and the service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends