“Charming Afternoon Tea”

Part-Y-Seal Tea Rooms
Ranked #6 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Monmouth
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Description: There is also accommodation.
Maidstone
“Charming Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

If you fancy afternoon tea in a quite English setting with an Oriental twist this is the place for you.
The sitting room over looks the garden with views of the valley beyond.If you choose a fine day enjoying tea on the patio is a truly rare experience.
There is a wide choice of both lunch and traditional afternoon tea favorites from which to choose.There are many types of tea/coffees to tempt you and the variety and size of the scones and pastries have to been seen to be believed.
You will want to dwell here to get the full impact of what this charming old house and gardens have to offer.

• Visited June 2013

Malvern, United Kingdom
“Utterly charming and completely bizarre!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stopped here on our way to Gower after I googled somewhere veggie friendly to stop en-route.

I wasn't sure what to expect and as we drove down the winding lanes to get there I started to wonder if I had imagined the place as there was only one sign the whole way that I saw, and without knowing it was there and being in possession of a sat nav we would have given up!

We had to ring the doorbell to get in and once inside there is an array of oriental wares on display for purchase which I had to avoid looking at as I'm a sucker for that stuff.

We chose to sit outside on the patio and - wow - the view is unparalleled - rolling fields, sheep, blue skies, walled garden... It was gorgeous.

The menu was indeed veggie friendly. Hub had a sandwich and I had a bean cassoulet that was tasty if a little watery. The drink selection was interesting and I had a fruit juice that was a very pleasant surprise!

There were no other people there, which was odd, but it was a Friday if that makes a difference, and when we came to pay we had to call up to get the proprietor to come back down to take our money - I could have robbed the place blind whilst we waited!!

It was charming - a real character building with an amazing view and quirky food - and we could have sat in that garden all day enjoying the vista. Well worth going out of the way for that's for sure.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank winter-st*r
devon
“Cream teas are gorgeous”
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Every time I'm in South Wales (every few months visiting family as I was originally from there) our treat is to go to here to Fred's for a cream tea. We have tried other foods but nothing beats the cream tea he serves. The scone and jam is homemade, it is a surprise to find out what flavour it will be, we've had all sorts, raspberry, strawberry, blackcurrant, plum, even prune!! and they all taste amazing even when sometimes you aren't sure of a flavour, only one thing would make it perfect and that is clotted cream not whipped cream.
They sell an amazing selection of chocolates as well as other knick-knacks.
The gardens are lovely, and though I've never stayed at the B&B accommodation, we have seen the rooms enquiring on behalf of other family wanting to stay in the area and they looked very very nice.
The front of the building always looks like it needs a good dust and sort out but the actual inside rooms and clean and lovely with wonderful furniture. I can put up with the dusty front knowing I'm getting a cream tea once stepping inside.
It's not open every day, so its worth checking ahead.

• Visited May 2011