“At last, somwhere for a sophisticated lunch!”
Review of N68 - CLOSED

N68
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“At last, somwhere for a sophisticated lunch!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Wonderful food, my fish was sublime. Can't wait for the anticipated move to larger and licensed premises. The cooking is top notch.

• Visited May 2014

Portsoy
“You will not be disappointed !”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We had a poor meal on our first night at our hotel in Symonds Yat (the Royal Lodge) so decided to got into Monmouth on the second night of our mini break. We chose the number 1 restaurant on trip advisor, but it was full. They recommended the N68 and said wee would not be disappointed - thanks! We were not! My wife had two starters, a mackerel dish and a ham hock - both substantial and delicious. I had a stone bass which was exceptional! The staff were very friendly, welcoming and interested in our opinions about their food. I had the impression that our comments would be fed back to the chef to reinforce our improve the dishes. I would certainly eat there again and recommend it to others. We had a poor meal on our first night at our hotel in Symonds Yat (the Royal Lodge) so decided to got into Monmouth on the second night of our mini break. We chose the number 1 restaurant on trip advisor, but it was full. They recommended the N68 and said wee would not be disappointed - thanks! We were not! My wife had two starters, a mackerel dish and a ham hock - both substantial and delicious. I had a stone bass which was exceptional! The staff were very friendly, welcoming and interested in our opinions about their food. I had the impression that our comments would be fed back to the chef to reinforce our improve the dishes. I would certainly eat there again and recommend it to others. We had a poor meal on our first night at our hotel in Symonds Yat (the Royal Lodge) so decided to got into Monmouth on the second night of our mini break. We chose the number 1 restaurant on trip advisor, but it was full. They recommended the N68 and said wee would not be disappointed - thanks! We were not! My wife had two starters, a mackerel dish and a ham hock - both substantial and delicious. I had a stone bass which was exceptional! The staff were very friendly, welcoming and interested in our opinions about their food. I had the impression that our comments would be fed back to the chef to reinforce our improve the dishes. I would certainly eat there again and recommend it to others. We had a poor meal on our first night at our hotel in Symonds Yat (the Royal Lodge) so decided to got into Monmouth on the second night of our mini break. We chose the number 1 restaurant on trip advisor, but it was full. They recommended the N68 and said wee would not be disappointed - thanks! We were not! My wife had two starters, a mackerel dish and a ham hock - both substantial and delicious. I had a stone bass which was exceptional! The staff were very friendly, welcoming and interested in our opinions about their food. I had the impression that our comments would be fed back to the chef to reinforce our improve the dishes. I would certainly eat there again and recommend it to others.

Visited July 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A delightful find - tucked away but worth searching out!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This little bistro, away from the traffic in a quiet corner of the town centre is a real find! Lovely imaginative food nicely presented and at a reasonable price. This is a small family business and it shows! They clearly take real pride in what they are doing.
We believe that N68 is shortly to move to new premises - they probably could use more space! But we could not fault it on our recent visit.

• Visited July 2014
Arboleas, Spain
“N68....Welsh for Great Dining!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Don't expect instant food or, staff who wouldn't know their Robusta from their Arabica or al dente from Al Pacino....leave that to the Mac D's of this world. Instead, make time to enjoy the knowledge and culinary expertise of the staff at N68.

Our Saturday lunchtime visit, found the staff at this Monmouth restaurant satisfying a mixed bag of sightseers, shoppers and foreign day-trippers.

Our choices, Spring Onion Risotto with crab and, Fish and Chips, were prepared and served with no less perfection as any top-end London eatery. The attention to detail and customer service meant our order, once placed, required no further effort than, to eat and, enjoy.

It was evident that all the staff had been well trained and understood their fare and duties. How refreshing to find somewhere to eat and drink well and then, in the knowledge that any recommendation to others would be in secure hands, look forward to your return visit!

“Amazing”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having moved to the Forest of Dean for 7 months with work we found ourselves visiting Monmouth on a regular basis. Finding N68 was one of the highlights of our stay. I cannot stress how wonderful the food is and how welcoming Sam and his family are, the presentation of both the food and the premises is 5 star and service does not fall below this mark as well. Sam's brother, who is the Chef has an amazing talent and serves food that demonstrates not only an amazing grasp of food presentation but most importantly in my book a great understanding of flavours and packing them in abundance in the dishes that they serve. It would be unfair to not mention the brothers mum who also works in the business and makes the most amazing cakes.

I will return to Monmouth and look forward to visiting N68 for what will undoubtedly be another amazing meal.

• Visited July 2014