I live in London and was in Monmouth for the night so decided to have dinner here with my boyfriend as I figured we deserved a treat after a day of moving heavy furniture in the dismal rain.
I had stayed a few nights at Prego previous to this as my house in Monmouth was rented out at the time and remembered the breakfast had been particularly good so thought dinner would be too.
Well, I certainly wasn't disappointed. Not an extensive menu but certainly something fit for everyone. And more importantly, everything cooked beautifully, with obvious care.
The delicious breadsticks were a lovely touch with some amazing olive oil to dip away to your hearts content. My boyfriend and I are very into sharing our choices of food so we had a taste of each others meals and we both agreed that everything was superb with a great and inventive use of flavours at every turn.
My steak was cooked to perfection as were the scallops and the suggested bottle of wine went down a treat. Hats off to the manager as she was the cherry on the delicious cake.
I will 100% be returning on my next trip up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the pedestrianised centre of the old part of Monmouth town, quiet and free of a lot of traffic noise. We are an ideal place to stay, with 8 en suite bedrooms and a 2 AA rosette awarded bistro offering informal dining below. Ample public parking is available right outside the back door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your #7 Church Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bistro Prego Hotel Monmouth
- #7 Church Street Monmouth, Monmouthshire