“Everything was Great!”

Restaurant at The Hotel Portmeirion
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant in the curvilinear dining room of The Hotel Portmeirion overlooking the tidal estuary. Lounge menu served on the terrace (unless a wedding or function has reserved exclusive use of the facilities). Afternoon tea available from 2pm to 5pm. Traditional Sunday lunch (a Sunday lunch booking and credit card details are required for free entry to the village).
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Loved the welsh breakfast and buffet options while you want for breakfast. We also had a coursed wedding meal there that was very delicious. High quality food and service!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed in a cottage for a short break and went to the Hotel for our meal as part of the package - this was a sublime experience so much so we went back again the following evening.

I love fish and I think the Lemon Sole is the best I have ever had, the turbot not far behind! Also really enjoyed the rosemary sea salt bread - and we had great extras -liked the popcorn with pre dinner drinks. We had starters the first evening but had all three courses on second evening - the rhubarb dessert was delight on the eye as well as palate.

We did not think that this was expensive for the quality of the food provided and for evening service; the staff are friendly and attentive without being too over bearing.

Would recommend this place to family and friends and we will be back!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Wonderful. Excellent service and super cuisine.

Started with the best seafood dish I have ever tasted, followed by delicate Welsh lamb and concluding with pannacotta.

Wine excellent.

Thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have to say this was one of the nicest meals I have ever had! The portions are about perfect size and the tastes are perfect, hard to believe cabbage could ever taste that good. The time between order bring taken and the food arriving was just right. The food even pleased my very fussy teenager! The staff could not have been more attentive and the surroundings are beautiful. I cannot wait to go back.

2  Thank badwolfbabe
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food here is excellent! It is wonderfully presented and even though the portions seem quite small, you won't leave feeling hungry. The dishes had a fantastic combination of flavours; you would have to look hard to find a restaurant on par to this one in the North Wales area. Tables were spaced out nicely and the staff were extremely attentive and helpful. Another bonus for us personally was that most of the staff were Welsh speakers. The view from the restaurant is magnificent so if you can, try and get a table near the window.
The only complaint that I would have is the fact that the waiter seemed shocked that we weren't ordering any drinks, so much so it made me feel slightly embarrassed that I wasn't buying any. Will defiantly visit again!

1  Thank Teithwraig245