“TJ's 50th birthday”
Review of Castell Deudraeth

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Portmeirion
Castell Deudraeth
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portmeirion
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I have returned relaxed and refreshed from spending a truly enjoyable weekend at Portmeirion.

I wanted to celebrate my 50th birthday in style and was not disappointed by my choice. The room was large, comfortable and tastefully decorated. It had a large spacious bathroom complete with L'occitane toiletries and a mini kitchen with a choice of beverages. The staff were courteous and attentive. They managed to find a fan for my room on the hottest day of July. Choice of food and service was impeccable for all meals.

My husband and I came away with a lasting impression of a formal hotel which puts its guests at ease with its informality. Like George Harrison, I too was so pleased to have chosen this idyllic hotel to celebrate my 50th.

Diolch i Robin a'r staf am penwythnos angofiadwy. / Thank you Robin and staff for an unforgettable weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MoonMaidenSwansea

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I had wanted to visit 'The Village" in Portmeirion since I first watched The Prisoner in the 60's. We decided to stay in Castle Deudraeth and we were very pleased with our decision. The front desk staff were very welcoming and gave us all in the information we required. Our room was incredibly spacious, well appointed and spotless.They even supply a decanter of sherry! There was a little kitchenette with a kettle,fridge and sink. Lovely!!!! We ate in the restaurant both nights and really enjoyed the food. The service was good and staff very friendly and efficient. The setting is beautiful and the village is a short walk (or drive) through a wooded area and then you're there. What a place, even better than I imagined. The gardens are magnificent and beautifully maintained and the architecture-OMG!!!!
I would highly recommend a stay a stay at the Castell Deudraeth.

Room Tip: We stayed in Castle 5 which over looked the garden- very nice indeed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with a KGB deal. The room was really first class, with a mini kitchen, large spacious bathroom and bedroom. We had a meal the first night which was really delicious, fine dining. Breakfast on both mornings was also very good, with plenty of choice. We had free entry to the village which was a big plus: We had a relaxing day strolling round the 'Italian' style village and beach walks. The whole experience was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Breathtaking surroundings it was an amazing stay the staff and food in both the hotel and the Castell was faultless. The Castell is close to the village with a courtesy mini bus that will ferry residents to and from the village. Would we stay again? I'm already looking at dates

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2013

First visit to Portmeirion as a big fan of The Prisoner. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to stay in a castle and loved every second of it.

The castle was extremely well kept and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very bright and welcoming, which was a surprise with the weather being so overcast. A dedicated The Prisoner TV Channel was also a nice touch - loved watching it with my girlfriend after returning from a day in the village. It's a shame that quite a few times we wanted to watch it it was stuck on the DVD menu screen though (which the staff obviously control).

Was also nice to have free access to the village and the swimming pool. Was great fun having a swim in the torrential rain next to the beach.

The village itself is an amazing place. Although not very big we happily walked around it over and over, spotting new things every time. We ate at the hotel and loved the walk back to the Castell in the dark where we seemed to be the only ones in the Village. If you stay, make sure you see it at night when everything is lit up.

Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobandLilou
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is our second visit to Portmeirion and our stay in the castle. The rooms are very modern and huge, we stayed in room 6 for 1 night and room 5 for 2 nights, really cannot fault the rooms they are everything you could wish for, very clean lovely bathroom and a nice touch is the decanter of sherry. We had a meal one evening in the castle restaurant it was good but a little over priced for what you get. Breakfast is nice, a selection of hams and cheeses would be welcome as there is only some cereal, fruit and croissants on the help yourself section, cooked breakfast is served I always prefer a buffet bar where you can help yourself but what I ordered was good and the staff were very attentive. You do get free admission into Portmeirion village and also if any golfers go you can get a free round of golf at Porthmadog golf course although this isn't published anywhere, we played on the sunday and had a fabulous game on a great golf course, all in all very good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We came across this gem while on a trip to north Wales to climb Snowdon. Needless to say it was the little piece of luxury we needed after braving the ice cold, wet conditions of the mountains! The lillies on display at reception were an amazing sight - I suppose I'm biased as they're my favourite flower, but their perfume was truly beautiful - nice touches like this found all over the hotel.
Our room was massive! As previous comments have said, lovely toiletries were provided, fluffy towels, slippers and bathrobes. Bed was comfy as was the sofa. My partner was most pleased with the free decanter of sherry! The whirlpool bath was lovely to soak away all the aches and pains. Everywhere was immaculately clean.
We stayed for two nights at what we thought was a bargain price for what we experienced. Our package included a £25 pp pn tab for an evening meal, breakfast was also included. Both morning and evening meals were superb - I cannot recommend the food enough. Lovely local produce used at breakfast, and the menu for the evening meal had plenty of choice. I understand that the dining room takes external bookings for food as well as accommodating the guests of the hotel; if we lived closer we would definitely go here for a special occasion meal. The barman was friendly and did well with all the cocktail mixing I had him doing! The squashy leather sofas in front of the roaring open fire was the ideal way to relax during the evening.
Really enjoyed our time here. We will definitely be back, this is a proper find.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DifferentJen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portmeirion
Hotel Portmeirion
#2 of 6 in Criccieth
Chateau Rhianfa
Chateau Rhianfa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Castell Deudraeth? Share your experiences!