Castell Deudraeth
US$118
US$132
Hotels.com
US$122
All reviewsthe penthouseportmeirion villagefree entryunderfloor heatinggas firesmall kitchenettewhirlpool bathcoal effectliving flamemini kitchenport merionhuge roomlounge areamusselswelsh lambwalk in wardrobelovely meal
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We chose this as a stopover having travelled from Dublin to Holyhead and wanted to visit Portmeirion again.

Lovely room, good value for money and friendly staff but it would have been nice if we’d been told about the courtesy minibus to the village when we checked in. The food was good apart from the Welshburger which, I think, was manufactured, rather than, made, in Wales.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2018

The outside is quite impressive and the sitting room is super comfortable with a huge fireplace. The rooms are very spacious and have good amenities. Decent sized bathroom and we had a suite with a kitchenette that was well-equipped. It's not fancy on the inside, but it's very comfortable. The staff is extremely helpful and nice. It's great that the admission to Portmeirion is included, as it's a short distance and a good place to have a nice walk.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2018

fabulous hotel -wonderful staff - highly recommended -excellent location -I am required to write 200 words - why I have no idea - it makes no sense I have covered everything the first 8 words so I am waffling to fulfil the requirement

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This place has a special place in my and my family's hearts. Never disappoints whether is just myself and the wife or a family gathering. Setting is beautiful all year round and the rooms are spacious, comfortable guaranteeing a good nights sleep that sets you up for whatever you wish to do the following day.

The restaurant is excellent offering a good variety of dishes and sweets and they always taste better when the weather allows you to eat on the terrace.

I've been here on many occasions and the staff have always excelled. Everything that I have asked for they have provided. I recently asked for a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to my mother's room when I wasn't able to attend a function. They organised without hesitation. Great consistent friendly service.

It is always somewhere that I will go to when I get back to Wales. I always look forward to it and I never leave disappointed.

Keep setting the standard and be proud of this beautiful Welsh oasis.

See you soon.

Iwan

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank iwangwyn10
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

A couple of friends and I visited the restaurant and I was very impressed with the food and service.
My friends however were less enamoured with their food (although if you go to wales and order muscles in a castle then you a wally)
One major bonus is if you order 2 courses you get a free entry to Portmerion (saving a scandalous £12 each) although I’d recommend you read my review on this before getting too excited

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends