“What a beautiful village”

Portmeirion Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private village resort and gardens on the coast of Snowdonia in Wales open all year round from 10am to 7pm for day visits with reduced entry after 3.30pm. The village has two hotels, 15 self-catering cottages, six restaurants and cafes, six shops, a spa, an information centre, an audio visual presentation and a resident artist's gallery. Free welcome tours available from the information centre near the entrance. Closed to the public for the duration of Festival No 6 (first weekend in September)and on Christmas Day.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“What a beautiful village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We visited Portmeirion on what was a beautiful sunny day when it was easy to imagine that we were on the Italian Riviera. Although we were early the main car park was already full which made us think that the village would be bustling with tourists. However, as the village and gardens cover a large area we never once felt crowded. There was plenty of room for everyone to wander at leisure and once we were on the woodland paths barely saw anyone.
Portmeirion is a beautiful village well worth a visit. Book online and save £1.50 per ticket and don’t forget your camera/ smartphones.

• Polish first
Weybridge
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A long awaited visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had wanted to visit Portmeirion for years and wasn't disappointed when I finally got there. Entrance fee is a bit steep at £10 per person, but we had already visited Plas Brondanw Gardens, designed by Clough Williams-Ellis round his ancestral home, and as that is part of the same trust, we could have got a discount. In fact, because we arrived after 3.30pm entrance was half price anyway, which is good value in the summer as the grounds don't close until 7.30pm and the last free forest train ride around the estate is at 4.30pm. Also, as people are leaving, it is far less crowded then. We had a great time wandering around and then had dinner at the Portmeirion Hotel overlooking the estuary.

Love it or hate it, it is well worth a trip and I would happily return.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank pco1
New Romney, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Charge of around £10 per person to go in but you can spend most of the day there. We visited on a very hot day so felt like we were abroad. The village buildings and gardens are beautiful. There are a few very good restaurants and the meals looked very good, but a little too fancy for me. There is a new ice cream shop that is an absolute must. The ice cream really is delicious. You can also walk along the coast and on to a huge sandy beach, although there are tidal restrictions. If you like Portmeirion china there is a seconds shop at very reasonable prices. All in all a brilliant day out and would definitely go again.

2 Thank Jackie K
Swindon, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Unmissable Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Lucky with the weather no doubt but PM is delightful and should be on everyones "places to visit" list.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
187 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“A lovely relaxing day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was late March, but we were very fortunate in that the day we chose to visit was sunny. I have always wanted to visit Portmeirion due to its unique look. My wife had been there as a child. I wasn't particularly a fan of The Prisoner.

I looked at discounts for booking online, plus I had got a discount voucher from somewhere, so decided to chance my luck on the door. I'm glad I did as talking to the guy at the kiosk about my status, he gave us both a great discount - good start to the day.

It was really relaxing just to stroll around taking in the unique sights. There seemed to be a lot of work going on and decorating, but it didn't seem to intrude too much.

We had a lovely walk around the woodland trails. The rain held off which added to the experience. We had a coffee and a light lunch at one of the smaller eateries, which I felt was a little overpriced. There was a hotel restaurant you could visit as well. Some tourist shops which were fine to browse around but nothing to temp our money out. All in all a relaxing pleasurable day out.

Visited March 2014