“Handmedown house”
Review of Afonwen Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pwllheli
Afonwen Farm
Leeds
“Handmedown house”
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Why did I book this cottage ? - The first thought that came into my head when I entered the Farmhouse.

We booked the Farmhouse through Cottages4u and now I can see why they didnt concentrate on the interior on the photos. I think the best way to describe it is tired and sorry to say a bit dirty. There were dog hairs on the threadbare carpet, there were cobwebs thick with dust on the ceilings, the dishwasher was dirty and when you opened it the door had no supports so fell straight to the floor, the window in the master bedroom when closed still had a gap of about 10/15mm at the top so didnt keep any heat in or sound out. No heating upstairs in the bedrooms except electrical heaters.

The whole place reminded me of when you first set up home and everyone wants to dump there unwanted items on you, from the cutlery - none of which matched, the sofas that I'm not convinced would be fire retardent. The cottages looked much better more modern and clean, and I dont care about the modern thing I would be happy with a old style property if it looked cared for.

Sad thing is for probably 5k you could really sort out the Farmhouse with new carpets,mattresses, bathroom suite, kitchen cupboard fronts.

Now for the good things - it was really warm downstairs, you did get use to the state of the farmhouse, the location is good,( not far from Pwhelli which despite its appearance has a nice beach, Abersoch which was really nice, Porthmadog had a few more shops, the Rabbit Farm - small farm with loads of different animals good for a mornings visit (between Pwhelli and Criccieth)) and I suppose the most important thing my boys liked it as there were quite a few kids around and the could play together without us having to worry. Has a Pool which although wasnt freezing wasnt that warm either.

You can see they have invested money into it, but its like they have either ran out of money or interest.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Vennyboy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)