“nice lunch”

Ranked #4 of 10 Pwllheli B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“nice lunch”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

popped in for lunch and was pleasantly surprised how nice the meal was nikki the barmaid was very nice and the service great £18 for 2 meals that were very nice would defiantly eat here again if in the area

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leggs007
CrownHotel-LL53, Manager at Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for your review - It means a lot to us all. I'm glad you had such a good experience, and we hope to see you again. Nikki was very pleased to have been mentioned!
Best wishes,
Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The staff at the crown are exceptional nothing is too much trouble. Me and my husband got married last weekend and chose the crown for a meal after our wedding. We were amazed at how much effort the staff had gone to. It was a quiet celebration with close family members which was made extra special by the fact the staff went the extra mile with table decorations etc. I would definitely recommend the crown hotel for a wedding reception. Me and my husband stayed overnight the rooms was spotless. We will certainly be returning again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownHotel-LL53, Manager at Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you so much for such a lovely review. As new management, it is very much appreciated.
You were a pleasure to have here as guests, and I truly hope to see you again.
Congratulations once more... the staff have demolished the thank you chocolates!
Best wishes, Victoria, Simon & the Team
Bedale
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was well received and shown to my very clean and comfortable room. I was wakened very early on two mornings by the street cleaners in the High Street outside. An excellent well presented breakfast. I was sailing each day at the Pwllheli sailing club which is a ten minute walk away.The Crown Hotel offered the perfect location to relax after a hard days sailing and an evenings socialising. I didn't use the hotel bar or the hotel evening restaurant preferring to use the sailing club.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank htbBedale
Thank you for your encouraging review.
My partner and I have recently taken over the Management of this hotel, and it is good to see positive reviews as we still have the same dedicated staff working here with us.
We are currently redeveloping the restaurant to be local-produce based including steaks , seafood and freshly caught fish, so perhaps if you return you will give our restaurant a try.
Best wishes, the New Management.
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I was surprise ,when we have stayed in ,how clean was our room ,really satisfied .
Good location,behind this hotel is Asda store so not too far to buy something you need.
Downstairs of this hotel is a pub also restaurant .
In the morning we had nice English breakfast .
Only can recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank TomKat80
Thank you for your encouraging review.
My partner and I have recently taken over the Management of this hotel, and it is good to see positive reviews from before our arrival, as we still have the same dedicated staff working here with us.
We hope to see you again someday!
leicester
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in July. We had a wonderful time. We were greeted by a friendly member of staff who checked us in and showed us to our room. She explained to us the opening times of the restaurant and the times for breakfast. The food during our stay was fantastic, there is a full English breakfast on offer - however I chose something a little lighter which they were only too happy to make. The food in evening was just as good as the breakfast, really good portions and great service. I cannot fault the food in anyway or the staff. We both didn't sleep great, but they was due to the bedroom being too hot as we stayed during the height of the hot weather, we also had the window open all night and we woken by the noise outside. The hotel is in a great location, in between lovely gift shops and asda is very near and open til late. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: our room was over looking the main road - with the window open all night it was very noisy early in...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tash J
Thank you for your encouraging review.
We hope to see you again!
Tenby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel is well maintained, our room, number 10, whilst being small, was very clean with fresh linen. The members of staff who worked in the bar in the evening and during breakfast service were friendly and helpful. The cooked breakfast was huge (even defeating my 14 year old, who is normally used as our family's recycling bin). Parking at the back was tight but manageable.

The hotel would have had had more stars, but when my son and I turned up (after a 4 hour drive), and checked in (not brill, given a key and told 'it's up those stairs'), we went back down to the restaurant at 9.15. I had read in the room that dinner service stopped at 9, but I decided to see if we could have a snack.

When the person behind the restaurant bar eventually acknowledged us, I stated that we didn't want dinner and asked whether it was possible to have a light snack (bearing in mind, we had passed the chefs in the kitchen and there were around four tables of diners who were still eating main courses). The answer we had was a blunt 'no', before he went back to the computer. I then asked if there was anything we could do for food, he said 'try the bar', when I asked what they served, he responded, 'I dunno, crisps'. He then effectively dismissed us. We went through to the bar, decided against the crisps, and after declining the rather ropey selection of wine, decided upon a g&t and a fruit juice before watching the last ten minutes of 'Miranda' on the large television.

When checking out the next morning, the waitress thought that the person who I had spoken to the previous evening, was in fact the manager! I appreciate kitchens need to have a cut off time, but I'm sure that a member of staff making us a sandwich wouldn't have created too much trouble. Bearing in mind Pwllheli is due to have a 'premier inn' next year, it would be tempting not to stay in a private hotel at £75 per night, but in a chain at £45 per night, especially if the manager's attitude stays the same!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank igdm4
Thank you for your constructive criticism.
My partner and I have recently taken over the Management of this hotel, and it is good to see reviews from before our arrival.
I am very sorry for your experience regarding trying to obtain a sandwich after the restaurant closing time, and can assure you that should we be lucky enough to meet you in the future, either Simon or I (Victoria) would make you a snack after such a long journey in similar circumstances!
Best wishes,
The New Management (since 12th August 2013)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The people who work here are friendly and helpful. The exterior of the property has seen much better days, and the room we stayed in, whilst very spacious, needed refurbishment. The casement windows are held open by blocks of wood. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was very good. The bar only had one draught real ale and that was the rather strong Theakston's Old Peculiar. The small TV set did have Sky Sports.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank hpbeebie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pwllheli
Caerwylan Hotel
#7 of 10 in Pwllheli
The Egryn, Abersoch
The Egryn, Abersoch
#4 of 12 in Abersoch

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!