“Misleading”

Ranked #9 of 10 Pwllheli B&B and Inns
waterville maine
“Misleading”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

All i can say is the sign on entry at the bar says write a good review on line and get a free drink
consequently the service and hotel was poor and was not like the reviews that we read on line!!!!!!!!
we waited in the rain until 6pm until somebody showed up to let us in.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jwtvl
Elizabeth S, Owner at Victoria Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Hi jwtvl,

I'm really sorry you had a less than satisfactory experience at The Victoria Hotel. As the owner and manager of the establishment, I want to personally apologise for any inconvenience or confusion caused whilst you were with us.

Also, I want to let you know that the sign on the bar that you are referring to was a Facebook promotion that we were experimenting with: we had recently joined Facebook and had made some posters asking our locals to "like" us on Facebook, in return for a free drink. In my 24 years as landlady of The Vic, I have never asked anyone to write a favorable review of my establishment - our guests do that on their own accord, as you can see on here.

In the event that you do come back to us, which I truly hope you do, I feel like I should inform you that there's a notice on display near the front door of the pub, with instructions on how to gain entry into the hotel, which includes my personal mobile phone number, in the event that you arrive before the pub's opening hours. But I can't guarantee that it won't be raining. It is Wales, after all.

Once again, I deeply apologise for any inconvenience or confusion experienced during your stay with us. We do hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed here last year for two nights, cost £60. Fantastic location, friendly staff and easy parking. The room was very clean and quite large. I would have happily paid twice the price for what we actually received. En suite bathroom with a very large bathtub and everything was spotlessly clean.

We were given a backdoor key, so that when the front of house closed we were still able to access the building and didn't have to wake anybody up. Was truly excellent all around. We are returning to Pwllheli this year and did not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank LiamGo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pwllheli
Caerwylan Hotel
The Castle / Y Castell Pwllheli
The Egryn, Abersoch
The Egryn, Abersoch
#4 of 12 in Abersoch

Been to Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Victoria Hotel

Property: Victoria Hotel
Address: Embankment Road | Ffordd y Cob, Pwllheli LL53 5AA, Wales
Region: United Kingdom > Wales > North Wales > Gwynedd > Pwllheli
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 10 B&Bs / Inns in Pwllheli
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Victoria Hotel 3*
The Hotel is family run with friendly staff. It is one minute from the beach in Pwllheli which has a Blue Flag, five minutes walk to the Town Centre with a local market weekly and a few minutes drive to the Marina and Golf Club. There are many other beautiful beaches less than half an hour's drive from Pwllheli. Also the Historic town of Caernarfon and the beautiful Italian village Portmerion are approximately half an hour's drive away. The Hotel has six bedrooms all of which are en suite with TV's in the rooms. Lunches and bar snacks are all homemade and are available during the day and in the evenings. The Hotel is also open to non-residents. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Victoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Victoria Hotel Pwllheli, Wales