“Great recommendation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Whitehall

Whitehall
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Pwllheli
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great recommendation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere for lunch and we were pointed in the direction of Whitehall by the lady at Llyn wines. The food and service was excellent, it was fairly quiet so lacked a bit of atmosphere but would not put us off a return visit.the staff were very friendly, surroundings comfortable , we had prawn and crab salad and jacket potato with home cooked chunky Ham with cheese.both delicious.
We will certainly try the evening menu next time .well worth a try

• Visited August 2014

Wales
“Best Pub and Restaurant in the Town of Pwllheli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I was in the area on business and wanted to try this place out.

I certainly wasn't disappointed, the choice of beer and food on offer is excellent.

You can often prejudge a place based on the number of items on the menu.

The number of items on the Whitehalls menu is limited - that's a good indicator that what you will get is quality - and it was.

The Whitehall is a fantastic example of Welsh cuisine, culture and history.

I have no doubt that the rather tired looking establishments in the rest of the town will now have to up their game.

Tip:
I recommend a pint of the local "Cwrw Llyn" and the Duck.

Take a look at the solid Oak door as you walk in - its a work of art.

1 Thank Wheresmychips
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My Wife and I found this place on Tripadvisor when looking for somewhere to eat in Pwllheli on a rainy Sunday night in July. It wasn't easily found and we almost ended up in another establishment on the same road.

We were surprised at how busy it was but were attended to promptly by a number of staff sorting our drinks and escorting us to a table upstairs in the quieter section of the restaurant. The food was excellent, I hate using the word honest but it was; simple, well prepared and very tasty food, I had the king prawns in coconut ginger and chilli and my Wife had chicken.

The service was friendly, efficient and not OTT, the food was superb and reasonably priced at £35 for two main courses, a nice glass of wine and a beer.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

• Visited July 2014
liverpool
“Best in Pwllhei llanbedrog & Abersoch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff, excellent food & lovely atmosphere.
By far the best restaurant in Llyn peninsula & much needed for the area. We will be back again

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank LiverpoolLynne
Northwich, United Kingdom
“There ARE Restuarants in Pwllheli that are NOT Fish & Chips It Seems!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Visiting Pwllheli to watch the boat wakeboarding competition over the Wakestock weekend in July we were a little dismayed to find this little town seemed to have over 30+ cafés and fish and chip bars but no decent restuarants :-( After talking to someone we knew who lived locally we were told there was an Italian called Eduardo's and a Tapas and that was about it.
As it was only 5pm both were closed but then we stumbled upon Whitehall; a pub in appearance from the outside but actually a lovely restaurant it was too!

The service was OK/good but more importantly the food was excellent for the money. I would say that the starters were £5-£8, mains were £10-£18 and deserts were around £6.

Oh, and wine was reasonable too :-)

The only criticism I would level is that the floor under our table had food from previous occupants - probably lunch time visitors - should have been swept in my opinion between services.

I had a lovely stuffed chicken (as did my wife). Kids were happy with their choices too.

Keep away from the cheapo cafes, spend a little more and support some decent dining in Pwllheli!

• Visited July 2014