“Best Pub in Pwllheli”

Penlan Fawr
Ranked #22 of 70 Restaurants in Pwllheli
Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I disagree with the last review, not sure if this person has been in the right pub! Personally i've always had an excellent time here, its a great pub, welcoming staff and 5 star rating food and its great to sit in the large beer garden on a sunny day. They have an eclectic mix of live english and welsh bands and DJ's. It is a Welsh pub promoting the welsh culture, but the pub is located in a predominately Welsh area! I personally have had no problems. I encourage everyone to visit and have a great experience.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Not at all anti english and does not have the odour that pervades 'The Mitre' Reasonable food at fair prices. This pub and The Boathouse are the best in Pwllheli.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Lovely food, nice staff, and a very professionally run pub with welsh traditions. Highly recommended as we have done so in the past and will continue to do so.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

This a friendly pub in a Welsh town where staff have pride in their heritage. Being Sais myself I've never sufferred any animosity. Quite the opposite. Food's varied and to a good pub standard. You don't go away hungry and value can't be questioned. Staff all very friendly and welcoming. I suspect the earlier review was submitted with mischevious intent. Don't let it taint your view if you're visiting Pwllheli. Always a well supported, trouble free pub.

1  Thank snb007
Reviewed 6 July 2013

From the outside on Penlan street this place looked good, we ordered our drinks and went to sit in the beer garden as the weather was lovely. We decided to order some food, it came with 'extras' being a dark brown hair in my friend's curry. We informed a member of staff but they couldn't care less. A short while later came the entertainment in the form of 'old men with sticks arguing about a car'! they sounded like locals. We were expecting to have a nice meal with a few drinks in the beer garden and to relax, instead we got bad food, and a rude awakening. We ended up going to the mitre pub which was a much more pleasant experience. There are plenty of eateries and pubs in this small town but I would recommend giving this one a miss.

3  Thank skuzi