“First time at havan, 4 bed standard plus”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pwllheli
Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at hafan y mor during may halfterm. We had 5 children under 5 and booked a 4 bedroomed standard plus apartment on the ground floor. Haven telephoned a few days before to advise the ground floor wasn't available due to a high number of disabled guests. They told us we could have a porter at our disposal to help checking in. When we arrived at haven she confirmed he was on hand to help. The porter didn't arrive :( we adivised reception . The accommodation was spacious, clean and basic. We had two doubles, two twins, two shower rooms and a kitchen diner and lounge. Very spacious! We didn't eat in the accommodation. The food in the mash and barrel was nice. Would be nice to see more special offers on food and drink. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely! I felt that haven needed another type of restaurant on site. We did spend quite alot on food and drink. We thought about hiring a boat. I thought £8 for 30 mins was quite expensive. The pool was lovely although quite cool. Female changing aras Lovely and clean. The changing room needed a playpen. This would have been really useful. Entertainment was really good catering for everyone. All in all a very good value for money holiday.

Room Tip: Tip: apartments are on the other side of the resort quite a walk from the entertainment. They are v...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank SJHNantwich
Hafan y Mor H, Customer Relations Team at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review. I am surprised to hear that the porter didn’t arrive, I am unsure as to why this happened, check-in days are very busy days, but I will pass this onto the team to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for your feedback regarding the Mash and Barrel, boat hire and swimming facilities, it is important to know how guests find the facilities, I will be passing these comments on to the relevant teams. The swimming pool is kept between 28c-30c, this is in accordance with Health and Safety guide lines as over 30c bacteria in water multiplies very quickly. I am pleased that the accommodation met your standards and that you enjoyed your holiday!

If guests book another holiday in the same year they receive an additional discount, all that is needed is the previous booking reference. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I must start by saying I have never been an admirer of 'Holiday Camps' but I stayed here due to a family problem and not to disappoint 2 of my grandsons. It is ideal for children. Something going on all the time, and the boys loved it but, unless you are prepared to go out and shop at the local supermarket, it will cost you highly for food and drink.The staff were very courteous, at all times and went out of their way to help but the 4 bedded apartment, we had, could have done with a little redecorating. However it was very clean and spacious and close to the amenities.Regarding the food - we used the 'chippy' one night and an example of the price is Supper £7-95 which comprised of fish,chips & a side dish of your choice.(beans,peas,curry etc.). However, if you ordered just fish and chips for £4-95 and then order a side dish separately for about 95p it would only cost you £5-90. Watch out for this!!

2  Thank roy45Golborne

Hello, thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us and your grandsons weren’t disappointed! A lot of time and effort goes into making sure there are lots of things to entertain and occupy the whole family, I will be passing on your comments to the team. With regards to the chip shop prices, the £7.95 fish supper is chips, cod and a side dish, the £4.95 option is chips and pollock, this detail is not advertised but is available if asked, I will mention this to the Cooks team to try and avoid confusion in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We went to Hafan Y Mor for 7 nights, we booked a standard plus apartment and it was beautiful, the funstars were so much fun & friendly & during their kids clubs in the morning if the sun was out they's have them outside, the interaction with the characters were amazing my 2 had so many pictures & cuddles, we booked my 4 year old on learn2bike, learn2swim & turbo paddlers and she has a short attention span and they were all so amazing with her and she achieved so much during these clubs, the activity pass we bought we were able to use on so many activies that didn't need to be booked, and their level of security when it comes to children especially is so high children are safe, my little boy tried to wonder off before he was stop by a security guard and held there until we got to him, they don't let children out of the boardwalk without a parent, our little girl also wondered off the dance floor to have a look around and when we told security the one guard and she got another guard on the door before helping us find her! I know I sound irresponsible here but when the dance floor is full of kids you'll be surprised to how many do wonder off towards the pretty lights of the arcade. Overall we had absolutely no complaints and booked our second holiday 3 days after arriving home for next year!x

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mum1990

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased you had such a great holiday here with us at Hafan y mor! The teams work really hard to entertain the children and make sure they enjoy their activities, leaving them with brilliant holiday memories, I will be sure to pass on your feedback. The safety and security of guests is of great importance to us, we do understand that children do sometimes like to wander off and have their own little adventure! I am glad our team were at hand to assist. If guests book another holiday the same year, they do receive additional discount, so keep an eye out for deals later in the year.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic holiday! Upgraded Sun Newspaper. 2 bed ground floor apartment (Ogwen number 2) that we requested. Spacious, clean and well equipped. Don't worry if you don't get a caravan ... The space in the apartments is fantastic especially if you have younger children. 50 steps to the beach to go crabbing. Had a bar b q on there too ... wonderful! The site is lovely. Really well maintained and nice to walk round. Loads of things going on. Try and book activities asap. Of course they get busy but they also add extra sessions to accommodate. Always ask at the Splash Zone or Sports Hall. All the staff we encountered were fine. Good with the children. Food is a personal choice ... We did a weekly shop at local Asda before we arrived as eating out for breakfast, dinner and tea all week is too expensive. However, did sample some of food from the take aways and it was great. We have been to this site twice now and will definitely be going again. Excellent Haven site ... Would recommend to any family!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank noseyas

Thank you taking the time to post a review, and I’m glad you had such a great time! We do have a lot of requests for caravans, but the apartments are in a great location and do suit a lot of holiday makers. I will be passing on your comments to the team, they do try really hard to make sure the children enjoy their activities and make the most of their holiday. If you book another holiday for the same year, you do get an additional discount on your booking, you just need to supply your old booking reference.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

King regards, Nina

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Haven have really upped their game. Have been to plenty of Haven sites many times over the years, but not for last 4 years.
Stayed on touring area....wonderful...spacious, clean, tidy, spotless toilets...5* really. Short walk to Splashzone and other facilities.
Splashzone...clean, warm and plenty of vigilant staff
Starbucks...slightly overpriced but pleasant enough
Boardwalk...brash, bright, noisy, floor/carpet rather sticky, plenty of seats, plenty of pool tables...but child friendly and fun times with 3 grandchild.
Cove...traditional multi entertainment area, plenty seating, reasonable bar prices, kept clean,
Mash and Barrel....attentive staff, food ok.
Childrens facilities...marvellous, plenty for small children...plenty of play areas, felt very safe...only issue...several activities fully booked very quickly. More staff.
Staff...from shop staff, security, tractor drivers!, to 'Havenmates'....oops, Funstars they were all professional and smiley!!
Grounds....fantastic, well kept (bunnies galore), beautiful playing, fragrant footpaths...a pleasure to take a walk
Noticed changes, with charges for lots of activites, only 1 Funstar on dance floor with children (used to be 2).
However, more than happy as facilities far better, upgraded' and you do only pay for what you want to! Children cried when leaving...we will return soon.

1  Thank Ann L

Hi Ann, thank you for posting a review. We do reinvest in the park to keep it in great condition for guests to enjoy their holiday, I am glad that you were pleased with the facilities. I will be passing all of your comments onto the team, they work very hard so that guests have a great time with us. Guest feedback is really important to us and I will also be passing your comments about the Boardwalk and the bookable activities onto the relevant departments. I am unsure why there was only one funstar on the dancefloor, the majority of the time there are 2. Guests who return the same year do receive an additional discount upon quoting their old reference number.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is the first time we booked through the Sun Holiday voucher codes and what an excellent place to have a family holiday! We arrived on the park at 10 am having driven 3 hours from home. We were greeted by a lovely security man who told us how to check in. I didn't think we would be getting our apartment until 4 pm as this is quite normal but I thought I would check in anyway so we could enjoy the facilities. To my surprise our apartment was ready! Now, I have read some very bad reviews about the apartments on this site so I was ready to go back and complain. How wrong was I! The apartment was a standard apartment but spotlessly clean and tidy. It was more spacious than a caravan and very cosy. The t.v. was a flat screen and had all the t.v. channels. We unpacked and had the rest of the day to have fun. We booked in for a few activities and the member of staff who served us there was very nice and helped us choose the cheapest way of booking. The prices of the activities varied but if you buy an activity pass it works out a lot cheaper with some activities having 2 for 1 offer so two kids/adults can get in for "one bubble" on the pass. There are soooooo many activities on this park. One week is not enough to enjoy them and if you happen to catch the usual british miserable weather there is plenty to do to keep you occupied indoors. The pool is FANTASTIC. Lots of slides to enjoy and all included in the price, we had hours of fun over the five days we stayed. The water was not cold at all and the water activity crew were brilliant with the kids, my kids kept taking about how much fun they had and are still talking about it now. It makes a massive difference to have staff who want the kids to enjoy the activity/holiday. As for the negative reviews on the 15 minutes free wifi, well shame on you guys. Haven is a family holiday park to have fun with your family and not having your head down on a computer or phone all day. I found myself spending quality time with my family. The free wifi is more than enough to check messages etc and then you can get on with your day. The beach is nearby and you can have a lovely walk along it. There a lots of places to sight see. We went to the copper mine and the kids loved it. The prices in the gift shop were very reasonable too. We normally only get one trinket but found ourselves being able to stretch to three items for what we would normally have paid for one. The evening entertainment was fantastic, we went every single day and enjoyed every single show. We didn't roll in until nearly 1 am every night. The entertainment crew were first class. I will definitely be going back with my family, my eight year old son was really upset when we left, he keeps asking me how soon can we go back.

3  Thank Yasdragan

Hello and thank you for posting a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your apartment, our cleaning team try very hard to ensure that guests accommodation is to a high standard, the apartments to suit a lot of our visitors. The activity passes are available to help guests get great value for money and try lots of the activities. The pool is a great asset to the park and its’ use is included in the entertainment passes, lots of our guests enjoy it and I am glad that you made full use of it during your stay. The activity team do a great job of making the activities fun and making sure everyone gets the most out of them. I will be passing your comments on to the team, they all work really hard and I am pleased you all had such a fantastic time. If guests book another holiday the same year and mention their previous booking reference, they receive an additional discount, something that may please your 8 year old!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned today from a weeks stay at hafon y mor in a prestige caravan on cardigan bay which is located right at the back of the camp at about 10 minutes walk to the center of the park.

The caravan itself was beautiful, decorated modern with an en suite bathroom in the double bedroom anda full size fridge freezer! Really can't find a thing wrong with the accommodation. I'd definitely recommend spending a bit more and staying in deluxe/prestige caravans rather than the chalets that look like they're on their last legs!

The park itself is huge and I'd say the biggest haven site I've ever stayed on. It has everything you could need on site but just be prepared to walk depending on where your accommodation is based.

Entertainment in the evenings was always top notch with the fun stars doing a fantastic job of keeping the kids entertained and even the adults too with their fun filled game shows. There was a brilliant magician on one night and somebody who was on the x factor a couple of nights before.

The only thing that let the holiday down was the price of everything! Nothing is free on this site apart from the parks/sandpit. Be prepared to spend £12-£15 on 3 drinks in the bar, £7.95 for fish and chips in the chippy, and £16 on a papa John's pizza! There were a couple of instances that REALLY got me angry. . My 3 year old daughter wanted this colouring pack in the bar one evening, it was priced at £4.99 and due to the packaging you couldn't see what was inside. When she opened it there was 1 A5 sheet of card with a picture on and 5 crayons that might as well not have been there due to being the worst crayons imaginable! ! A fiver for a measly piece of card and "crayons". The second thing was one night we decided to get some food on the way home from having a drink and opted for fish and chips. £7.95 and when we got back to the caravan I'm not even joking there was less than a handful of chips! !

Seems haven is all about making money and take take take without giving anything back.

I'd recommend the site and will definitely return but take your own food otherwise you'll be ripped off!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank tinadecember

Hi Tina, thank you for taking the time to post a review. Lots of guests do enjoy walking around the park, but there is parking available by the main complex and by the Mash and Barrel restaurant to accommodate guests that find it easier to drive. I am pleased that you enjoyed your caravan. I will pass your comments onto the entertainment team, they do work very hard to make sure everyone has a great holiday and that the live acts are worth watching. The entertainment passes include unlimited full use of the swimming pool and access into the venues at night to watch the entertainment, during the day there lots of play areas around the park, the beach and fun sessions taking place that are free to join in with; this information is in the ‘what’s on’ guide in your check-in pack and our staff are knowledgeable and willing to advise guests regarding non costly activities. I appreciate your feedback about the colouring pack and chips portion, I will bring this to the attention of the relevant departments. All of the team are dedicated to giving guests a great holiday experience and delivering fantastic customer service.

If you would like to discuss any of these issues further please feel free to call 01758 612112 and ask for a member of the customer relations team, we look forward to seeing you again, guests do receive an additional discount if they book another holiday in the same year.

Kind regards, Nina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pwllheli
Caerwylan Hotel
#9 of 10 in Pwllheli
Marine Hotel
Marine Hotel
#15 of 21 in Criccieth

Been to Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!