“What a nightmare”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pwllheli
Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“What a nightmare”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After a fantastic drive through the welsh mountains with superb scenery we arrived at the campsite which when first arriving looked well kept and tidy. Anyway we had arrived early and were pleased that we could use facilities on the park so went to the swimming pool which was a great hit with our children aged 4, 10 , 13 has slides and wave machine and a toddler pool but really needs some TLC as main pool with wave machine tiles broken and bit grubby, also outside slides we closed on Friday.

After our swim we collected our keys to an apartment which we had never been in before as always had a caravan well this is where the nightmare begins, on driving through the campsite to our apartments the boating lake was full of rubbish floating round with the ducks on seeing the apartments it was like prison blocks old and in desperate repair some off them with fire exit stair cases rusty and in need of pulling down , the apartment when we opened the door smelt of smoke and male urine the whole apartment was in a sorry state and looked like it had a sick stain up the wall, the windows did not even look safe as some were very rotten, as we were leaving our apartment another family had the same look of horror on their faces too! Now there are about 5 or 6 blocks in quite a bad way but they have spent money on a new block of apartments which funny enough is on their website. Anyway our holiday was cut short as they had no other accommodation to fit us all in so needless to say we will never go back to this campsite again.

Room Tip: If you do go please don't go with apartments I would not let my dog sleep in it
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Samantha P
Hafan y Mor H, Customer Relations Team at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Hi Samantha, thank you for taking the time to post a review and bring some issues to our attention. I am glad that your children had fun at the swimming pool, we try to constantly maintain our facilities and keep them in good condition for guests using them, the flumes are closed Mondays and Fridays but would have been available to use for the other days you were with us. Some of the apartment blocks are less visually pleasing, as you have seen we have refurbished some of them and the work continues. All of our accommodation should be cleaned to a high standard and safe for guests to enjoy, I am sorry that your apartment did not meet expectations, there are processes in place to make sure cleaning and checks are done thoroughly, but unfortunately sometimes one or two get missed. I am unsure if you contacted reception to advise that you were not happy with the condition of your accommodation, we do all we can to ensure guests enjoy their stay.

If you would like to discuss these issues further please feel free to call 01758 612112 and ask to speak to a member of the customer relations team.

Kind regards, Nina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Just come back from a weekend in hafan y mor it was great there is everything in one place, no need to travel anu where. The staff are really welcoming and friendly. Would go there again any time. Overall it was a really good experience

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank jamie421
Hafan y Mor H, Customer Relation Team at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Hi Jamie, thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am really pleased you had such a fantastic time here at Hafan y Mor, as a team our aim is for guests to enjoy their holidays and receive a great standard of service. If you book another holiday in the same year you stayed, you receive a ‘visit again’ discount on your booking, all that’s needed is your old reference number.

We hope to see you again soon,

Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We went with my mum (72), for a weekend break.
Was in apartment. Was pleasantly surprised at finding out two bed apartment spotlessly clean.
I am a housekeeping manager for Best Western, so know what I'm talking about. I usually have to clean and wash all crockery, bathroom, kitchen etc, before unpacking. But here, I was so pleased.
The park is well kept. Beautiful gardens and spacious areas for all to enjoy their holiday.
We took mum, as she took us as kids in 1967, when it was Butlins. Mum was impressed too.
You're doing a great job, keep up the good work.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Melanie M
Hafan y Mor H, Customer Relations Team at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi Melanie, thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our cleaning team work really hard to prepare the holiday homes for guests, I will pass on your comments to them, as well as the gardens team. I’m glad that you all had a good holiday and we exceeded expectations.

We hope to welcome you back again,

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Hi I have just spent three nights in Dinas apartments at the Haven site Hafen y Mor near Pwllheli. I went with two friends for a short break with the Sun newspaper vouchers. The site is for families with children mainly. However I would advise you always upgrade to a caravan or better apartment if possible. The apartments although clean are horrid. The stairways are more rust than metal. The entrance doors are really shameful and I was really embarrassed to go in to see how bad the apartment was. This was not too bad but the window frames are badly rotted and lose. There is a huge area of blocks of eight apartments. There are a few in the middle that seem to have had some money spent on them. They have new stairs and balconies. These look much better. The others are really run down and in desperate need of upgrades.
I personally would not go back and was very disappointed with a Haven site having such poor quality accommodation.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Tracey C
Hi Tracey, thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to hear that your accommodation met your cleaning standards, we do have processes in place to ensure guests have a nice clean holiday home to stay in. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with the apartment, some of them are less visually pleasing, as you saw we have rejuvenated some of them and are in the process of doing more. I would encourage you to try some of our other accommodation as we have many different grades of holiday home all over the park.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We used to stay here on a half board basis when our son was young and we always had a fab time. Now he's off our hands we thought we'd go back.
The drive here is very easy and the road network couldn't be better.
As soon as you arrive you see the lush green shrubs and the mountains in the distance. This park is well looked after.
They don't do included meals anymore and the chalets we used to stay in have all gone - it's just trees and grass there now.
We arrived just after 4pm and there was a bit of a queue that was slow moving. People in front of me were leaving with their caravan keys and a bag of sheets and I thought it was odd. I wasn't given a bag of sheets and wondered why but when we got to our caravan the beds were all made luckily. I think it was a privately owned caravan.
I liked the way we had our own car park space that was tarmaced.
The caravan wasn't the latest model but it clean and all the crockery matched. The kitchen had everything we needed.
We were impressed with the flatscreen TV with a few channels.
My phone had no decent signal all the time we were there. There's wifi available at a cost but I was on holiday to get away from it all so I wasn't too bothered.
The only heating was in the lounge. The caravan did get very chilly in the evening and overnight - I wouldn't want to stay in this caravan any earlier in year because it would be too cold.
We didn't use any of the entertainment facilities so can't comment.
The location of this site is perfect. We went out every day - we visited Pwllheli, Conwy, Caernarfon, Bangor, Llandudno, Barmouth and Porthmadog.
We went over to the Mash Barrel one night intending to have some food but there was a large group of people smoking in the doorway which put us off a bit. I had a look at the menu but it looked a bit pricey for what it was so we didn't bother.
The site shops are a bit dear aswell for some things. Asda at Pwllheli is a five minute drive away so that was very handy.
The weather was a bit unpredictable so if you go pack everything - jumpers, coats, rainmac, shorts and strappy tops. I got sunburnt one morning and dretched with rain later in the day.
Fellow campers and staff were very friendly.
Haven offered us the same week in 2015 for £75 less than what I'd paid for this holiday but we didn't take them up. This is a great place to relax and I'm sure we'll be back again in a few years.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Derbygirl1973
Hafan y Mor H, Customer Relations Team at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The area is beautiful and the scenery is definitely an asset to the park! Check-in times are staggered to try and get people into their holiday as quickly as possible, sometimes queues do form and we do our best to clear them. Depending on the grade of holiday home booked determines if linen is included and bed are made, this would have been included in your booking. The heating in the holiday homes again varies depending on the grade, you can check at time of booking or call us to ask any questions regarding the holiday homes. Thank you for your feedback regarding the Mash and Barrel, I will pass it on, unfortunately we don’t do the pricing on-site, it is done as a whole across all the parks.

If you would like to discuss any of these issues further please feel free to contact 01758 612112 and ask to speak to a customer relations team member.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We spent a long weekend at the site and were extremely impressed with how clean the site it. The swimming complex is brilliant, very warm with lots of great slides and waves to play in. The walk to the beach is a little hilly from the site centre but well worth the walk. Although pebbly it was clean and pretty. We only stayed in a standard van as we normally camp but it was great! Clean with everything you need. We had a great time and would return.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sjeppo
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased you had such a great holiday here with us, I will be passing on your comments to the team. If guests book another holiday in the same year they receive an additional discount, all that’s needed is the previous booking reference. We hope to see you again soon!

SJHNantwich
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at hafan y mor during may halfterm. We had 5 children under 5 and booked a 4 bedroomed standard plus apartment on the ground floor. Haven telephoned a few days before to advise the ground floor wasn't available due to a high number of disabled guests. They told us we could have a porter at our disposal to help checking in. When we arrived at haven she confirmed he was on hand to help. The porter didn't arrive :( we adivised reception . The accommodation was spacious, clean and basic. We had two doubles, two twins, two shower rooms and a kitchen diner and lounge. Very spacious! We didn't eat in the accommodation. The food in the mash and barrel was nice. Would be nice to see more special offers on food and drink. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lovely! I felt that haven needed another type of restaurant on site. We did spend quite alot on food and drink. We thought about hiring a boat. I thought £8 for 30 mins was quite expensive. The pool was lovely although quite cool. Female changing aras Lovely and clean. The changing room needed a playpen. This would have been really useful. Entertainment was really good catering for everyone. All in all a very good value for money holiday.

Room Tip: Tip: apartments are on the other side of the resort quite a walk from the entertainment. They are v...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SJHNantwich
Thank you for posting a review. I am surprised to hear that the porter didn’t arrive, I am unsure as to why this happened, check-in days are very busy days, but I will pass this onto the team to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for your feedback regarding the Mash and Barrel, boat hire and swimming facilities, it is important to know how guests find the facilities, I will be passing these comments on to the relevant teams. The swimming pool is kept between 28c-30c, this is in accordance with Health and Safety guide lines as over 30c bacteria in water multiplies very quickly. I am pleased that the accommodation met your standards and that you enjoyed your holiday!

If guests book another holiday in the same year they receive an additional discount, all that is needed is the previous booking reference. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards, Nina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pwllheli
Glyn-y-Coed Hotel
#1 of 1 in Boduan
The Egryn, Abersoch
The Egryn, Abersoch
#4 of 12 in Abersoch

Been to Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!