“Not bad”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pwllheli
Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Went to this site and stayed in one of the apartments as we took our new dog with us we got one of the should I say basic apartments, it was comfortable, warm and we had enough room although we had no hot water and the rooms smelt of the dog and people that had been there before us!, the site it's self is huge loads of do for kids and all the family, walks to the beach are not far at all, good location to get to Criccieth and Portmadoc I recommend you visit these two places as we had lovely weather and enjoyed these two little towns very much

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Hafan y Mor H, Customer Relations Team at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hi Vicky, thank you for posting a review. There are only 2 grades of accommodation that allow pets, our accommodation team are at hand if anything needs doing to the unit, I am unsure if you reported that there was a smell inside the apartment or that there was no hot water. Our teams have air purifiers that can be used to get rid of any unwanted odour and our maintenance team are available to resolve any issues such as no hot water, you would just need to give reception a call.

If you would like to discuss any of these issues further please feel free to call 01758 612112 and ask to speak to one of our customer relations team.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We went for the first time last year for my birthday. We love Wales as it is and this is situated in most beautiful area and you can see mount snowdon from the beach. There are lovely walks that surround the site there is so much to do on site it's brilliant for all walks of live the evening entertainment is brilliant and very professional the entertainment team really seem to enjoy their job and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy every bit of your holiday. The accommodation is fab we have stayed in the apartments both times and they are perfect in every way. It's just brilliant I would highly recommend!!!! We will be going back next year for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for posting a review. I am really glad you had a great holiday with us, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the teams. If guests book to come again the same year they do receive a discount, all that’s needed is the previous booking reference.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

After our friends telling us they'd booked for 4 nights from 9th June, we decided to tag along. We were very pleasantly surprised by the price we paid. We arrived early and our keys were ready to collect and we had been upgraded for free! The caravan was exceptionally clean, the site was very clean and tidy, the gardens were kept trim. We were very pleased. As the week went in we were thoroughly entertained by the seaside crew, comedians, singers and cash bingo. Nothing was mega expensive, and you all the staff were really friendly, from the bar staff to reception. We te definitely booking again for next year.

1  Thank MrsDuffers
Hafan y Mor H, Customer Relations Manager at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Mrs. Duffers, thank you for posting your review. I am glad to hear that you had such a brilliant time with us and enjoyed your stay, if guests book another holiday the same year they receive an additional discount! I will pass your comments onto the team.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Don’t get me wrong, 90% of this camp looked really nice. Its just we was in the part that was horrible. As we checked in, the 2 people in front of us were complaining, they had been to see their accommodation and they were now demanding either a refund or given alternative accommodation, which, according to the staff there was none. We were not hopeful. We expected a static caravan, but they offered us an upstairs chalet. We explained that we had a 80 year of person with us and stairs would be difficult so they gave us a downstairs chalet. I would of paid money to say that the chalet was the one the guy before us had refused. Our moral was quite high as we drove through the camp to get to our chalet. The static caravans looked brilliant. When we found our “block” we couldn’t believe how mad it was – it really smelt horrible, it looked like something out of a Russian salt mine and the outside lock didn’t work. I complained… I would of gladly gone home and one of the staff said “I know what you mean we should of knocked the block down and start again” She claimed that it was going to be done. The staff were very good I have to say – very apologetic, they had obviously heard it many times before. I used to work in Butlins in the 70’s, it reminded me of my staff accommodation, but not quite as good. The staff were excellent - the cleaner excellent despite the difficult conditions.

Room Tip: Dont get a chalet. Clean but smelly
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Bill B
Hafan y Mor H, Customer Relations Team at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Bill, thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry that you were not happy with your accommodation, as we are now into our summer season we have very limited options to move guests, if guests have special requests such as a ground floor holiday home, they can call us before they arrive and we can add these to the booking. Guests can also request the type of accommodation they would like to be in, we cannot guarantee what is requested but we will try our best. The cleaning team are on hand to assist in making guests comfortable in their holiday home, air purifiers can be used to get rid of any odour. We are aware that s few of the apartments aren’t quite the lap of luxury, some guests like them some guests don’t, some apartments have been refurbished, it is a work in progress. I will pass your feedback onto the cleaning team, they work very hard and do a fantastic job.

If you would like to discuss these issues further please feel free to call 01758 612112 and ask for a member of the customer relations team.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

ok so we booked a week 9th june we upgraded to a 2014 model but was no different to the older ones but it was nice and clean we had a few moans just no washin line thing to dry our towel out after swimming and no tv remote we was told by reception they are not included and you cannot hire them there is internet on site but its very pricey at £7per day they give you 15mins for free but not long enough the kids inflatable play was open but they charge £2 for ten mins all other haven sites we have been to give you these items for free the site is big so lots of walking there is a beach next to the site and is nice and clean great fun for our 4 yr old there is 3 entertainment venues the bonga Wonga one need knocking down but we wasn't sure if it was in use but the arcade in the bonga Wonga was open but the bar and seating area was closed we did eat at burger king and cooks fish bar on site bit pricey but nice food there is a mash and barrels but we didn't eat there the lake needs a tidy and the trees need trimming down the swimming pool was fun but could of been warmer we didn't use the sports center but looked like it needed a coat of paint or two the chalets looked like they were but refurbished the finished ones looked nice although when we walked round the site there was a lot of rubbish near the chalets I think the birds tried to eat it you would need a car to explore off site as its a bout 10mins from pwllheli and 20 mins from porthmadog if it wasn't for the scenery I dout we would go back to this site

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter B
Hafan y Mor H, Customer Relations Team at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Hi Peter, thank you for taking time out to post a review. We don’t have washing lines as such, but each holiday home is provided with a clothes airier inside it. Bongo Wonga is a venue that we don’t use for entertainment (it was inherited from Butlins), the arcade games are still accessible but the venue itself is only used for events, at the moment it is being used to show the WorldCup. With regards to the lake, I will pass on your comments to the gardens team that it needs a tidy up. The swimming pool is kept between 28c and 30c, we adhere very strictly to Health and Safety measures, above 30c bacteria in the water would multiply very quickly. I do appreciate that the outside of the sports centre may not be too pleasing, but inside the facilities are in good condition and full working order. Regarding the rubbish near the chalets, there are various refuse points situated around the accommodation units and the site itself, these are shown on your map, unfortunately some guests leave their rubbish outside the front door in full reach of the birds; this is an issue and we are working to ensure people adhere to the rules regarding refuse disposal. There is a regular bus service that runs directly from site to Pwllheli, Porthmadog and Caernarfon, so if you didn’t have a car with you, you can still explore the local area with ease. I completely agree with you that the scenery around this area is beautiful and a great plus point for this location

Thank you again for your feedback, I hope I have explained some of the points raised, if you have any other issues you would like to discuss feel free to contact 01758 612112 and ask for a member of customer relations.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We booked on 8th June 14 for 4 days. But due to our apartment being horrible and staff that don't care. I expressed my feelings and asked to be removed to another place. I was told that's what you booked and I have nothing else I was then dismissed. I phoned reception on Tuesday 10th and explained again that this apartment was no good for me as it had two flights of rusty steps which I'm finding it hard after having bowel surgery in May 2014 and I felt so shut in. She told that's what you booked and yet again I was dismissed. I was in a terrible state so my husband packed car up and we left. We lost money and a weeks break not fair this should not be aloud to happen. It's daylight robbery. All I can think is they must have a good lough out of us holiday makers. But not me never again once bitten. Don't go

6  Thank Karenmegmolly
Hafan y Mor H, Guest Relations Team at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Hi Karen, thank you for taking the time to post a review. I’m sorry that you were not happy with your accommodation and that we were not able to relocate you, as we are now into the summer season we have limited options to move guests. I apologise if you felt dismissed by the team member that you spoke with, that is not how we deal with guests and isn’t how they should be made to feel. We are in the process of rejuvenating the apartment blocks, with the steps as one of the key areas. Guests can ring ahead of their holiday to advise us of any mobility issues/special requests, if we had known that ground floor accommodation would have been more comfortable for you then we would have done our best to accommodate your needs.

I can assure you that guests’ comfort and satisfaction whilst on holiday with us is at the forefront of what we do. If you would like to discuss your issues further, please feel free to contact 01758 612112 and ask to speak to a customer relations team member.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a sun holiday and upgraded to comfort plus staying in the block of apartments called Mair which were mid way between the Mash & Barrel and the beach. From arrival to our leaving the staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble and they were friendly and welcoming. Our ground floor apartment was 3 bed with a shower and plenty of living space. Four adults and a toddler were easily accommodated. Our only feedback would be that we would have preferred a bath for the toddler but that really is nitpicking.
The site is very well kept, very clean and quite modern. There are countless activities on everyday (a lot of which have no extra charge which is a bonus when holidaying with children) and lots of facilities to be used. We used the water park which was a little bit grubby in places, however given the use it must get it is well maintained and very well staffed with plenty of lifeguards on duty. We all really enjoyed the slides & were impressed that they catered for all ages and abilities.
We ate at the Mash & Barrel and the food and service were second to none. The portions were very large on the adults meals and the healthy choices and variety on the children's meals was excellent.
We went to the adjacent soft play and arcade a couple of times and enjoyed the facilities. We went to the Funstars shows at the Boardwalk most nights and were impressed with the animation team. They cater well to the younger age group with the story time, mini quizzes & disco. The Bar staff there were also friendly and chatty.
We spent a lot of time on the beach exploring the rock pools and found it very clean and safe.
As we only stayed 5 days we didn't have time to fit everything in which just goes to show how much variety and choice of activities is available. We were able to visit out of the school holidays and we're glad we did. Given the size of the site I imagine school holiday times could be a bit manic! However we would definitely go back again.

2  Thank Back_in_Blighty

Hi Back_in_Blighty, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. With regards to a bath in your apartment, unfortunately none of our accommodation has a bath suite. Your comments will be passed onto the respective teams, a lot of time and effort is put into training staff and delivering brilliant entertainment, service and activities; we are really pleased you had such a brilliant time and look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards, Nina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pwllheli
Royal Sportsman Hotel
Black Boy Inn
Black Boy Inn
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon
Travelodge Porthmadog Hotel

Been to Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!