Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven
US$193
Official Site
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Porthmadog Hotel(Porthmadog)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$130
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Hotel Portmeirion(Portmeirion)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Castell Deudraeth(Portmeirion)
2,357 results
All reviewsmash and barrelswimming poolburger kinggo kartsevening entertainmentprestige caravancrazy golfsun holidaysnowdonia viewchanging roomsboating lakegreat holidaypapa johnscomfort apartmentlife guardswave machinean upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here as a family of 5 with 3 kids under 10. Clean, well kept throughout the whole park. Staff all very helpful and child friendly. Kids really enjoyed the nature activities, bushcraft, beach walk, bird box making which were all free and the guy who took these was enthusiastic, informative and great with the kids. Food was ok, only gripe on our first night when we didn't know where to go and just needed to eat, got 3 fish suppers from the mash and barrel to take away and this cost us around £25!! Scandalous but these were restaurant prices. Be sure to go to the take away although food still a bit pricey on site. Lovel places to eat in nearby Pwhelli 5 minutes away.
Found the entertainment venues in the evenings were used as a baby sitting service by some families in that kids were just left to their own devices or made to sit and watch the entertainment while the parents guzzled their alcohol! This was probably only a minority but the night time entertainment is something you can choose to be part of or not ( as long as you are not too close to the music which goes on til late!)
Overall, an excellent park with great facilities and staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brid S
Hafan y Mor H, Guest Relations Manager at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello, thank you for posting a review. On the map you receive at check-in, it shows where the Mash and Barrel restaurant is, as well as all of the food options in the main complex. We do have 3 Spar shops onsite, and there are several supermarkets in Pwllheli for your convenience (Asda, Lidl, Co-op, Iceland, Spar), as well as some lovely restaurants.

The staff do work really hard to give guests a great holiday experience, so I am glad that you experienced this and had a great holiday. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards, Nina

Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a lovely holiday park this is, its well kept and looked after. Stayed in a prestige caravan and the only downside was we were unlucky not to get a balcony. I wouldn't say that spoiled our holiday as the space you get by the caravan made up for it. I feel the need for more paths or marked off walkways on the roads would help get around the park. I didn't find it an issue to walk anywhere but with a 2 year old he got tired so possibly a good idea could be a small road train going around the park to help people get places faster and easier. I found that the lack of signs a bit annoying on my first walk around as it took time to get to the beach. I done some early morning running and found the views amazing and some smaller coves/beaches around the cliffs. We been to Haven's before and found Mash & Barrel a bit expensive so didn't eat there. Spar seemed reasonably priced but went to Pwllheli Asda but also went to Tesco's if we were going past in Portmadog. In Pwllheli we found a lovely wine and ale shop (Gwin Llyn Wines) prices are reasonable for local Alcohol, they even pointed us to a lovely restaurant one night. The restaurant was called The Barn down Gaol Street, when we entered and it was empty we were slightly worried but once we had the food served to us we were gob smacked! what lovely food and freshly made. Staff were fantastic and helpful and knew the menu really well. One downside to the park was the Aerial Adventure, you just turn up and pay we were told. We went down to have a go on one day to be told just after 4 people walked up the steps that they were closed. When asked why the staff said their boss told them to close early (2-3pm) due to no bookings. We had a printout of all the activities and it stated to just turn up we were slightly annoyed it was closed and if we knew to book we would of done so. This just meant we had to book for another day instead, i will add that yes its fun and challenging but i personally feel it should be longer or cheaper. The staff on that activity were friendly, funny and helpful. I will add that apart from the Pool and entering the park the Passes were never checked which on other sites they always checked. We spent some evenings in The Cove for the entertainment and found it fun for the first 2-3 nights but very repetitive and prices are too high for drinks, £20 for 4 alcohol drinks and a soft drink is slightly high. We all enjoyed the Harper Brothers comedy act but after that found the live acts a bit boring. Walking around the park i found that area's need improvement around the apartment's area which has been raised in other reviews, i haven't been inside them but from the outside they look slightly out of place. All in all the staff were fantastic though out the park and even remembered us at times saying hello which is nice to see. We would definitely visit again in the future as so far this is the best Haven Park we been to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hafan y Mor H, Guest Relations Manager at Hafan y Mor Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hi Dave, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Unfortunately not all of the caravans have verandas, but there is always a nice grass area surrounding the holiday home. Guest feedback is very important to us, and I will be passing yours on regarding the signage and train suggestion. The prices for site are done as a whole from head office, of which we don’t have any control, but I will again pass this on. As well as an Asda, there is an Iceland, Spar, Lidl and Co-op in Pwllheli for your convenience. I am glad that you enjoyed the local area, there are some really nice shops and local restaurants.

I have spoken to the sports and leisure team and have been advised that the Aerial Adventure is a bookable activity; it was a turn-up activity until April, it is stated in the entertainment guide and leaflets we send out that it needs to be booked in advance. We do aim to meet demand for this session, in general we would only shut the facility early if the weather was bad. We aim to meet the demand of the guests and apologise for not doing so on this occasion.

The funworks passes are checked upon entering the swimming pool during the day, and the Cove or the Boardwalk from 6pm; the team are normally very strict on this but I will bring this to their attention as it should be asked for from every guest. The apartments were inherited from when it was a Butlins site; I agree they are not particularly pleasing to the eye, but do serve many holidaymakers very well, especially as they are so close to the beach; we are in the planning stages of improving them.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with, and that your experience whilst on park was memorable. The team love to hear feedback and I will definitely pass yours onto. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked through the sun holidays which advertised we would be getting a standard caravan for our stay. So after a 2 hour journey we arrived at hafan y mor, to find we were getting a standard apartment as they had run out of caravans! This wasn't what we wanted as we wanted to sit outside the caravan with a BBQ etc. But the grounds looked absolutely stunning so we went to see our apartment in 'Llyn village' we got closer to it, and got greeted by the smell of bins and urine. The apartments looked like they hadn't seen a lick of paint in years!! The wood was all rotten so not visually appealing at all. We eventually found our apartment as we climbed the stairs we met a dingey corridor, took one look into our apartment and turned back round and got into the car. We went back to complain to reception, the girl made it very clear we had booked through the sun and that's common to be given a standard apartment instead of caravan, we then asked what to do from here, she said there was absolutely no upgrades left and no caravans so not a lot she could do. My fiancé then asked her if she would stay in there, she had a smirk on her face, and couldn't answer the question. So clearly that was a no!! So eventually we got moved to another apartment a little further back from this one and got told a supervisor would meet us there. The second was a bit better but quite frankly these apartments need knocking down!the supervisor did eventually turn up but again couldn't really do a lot for us, it was either stay in this or go! We made the best of a bad situation and enjoyed our holiday anyway! Later that evening we went to reception to buy our entertainment passes- which are well worth purchasing so you can use the swimming facilities and 'the cove' in the evenings! But whilst buying them we heard another 3 people making the same complaints as us! We did feel better that it wasn't just us. The site itself is beautiful, the grounds are well kept, and the staff are very polite and helpful. The spar's on site are not badly priced compared to other holiday parks so wasn't too bad, but we did go to asda in pwhelli as it was only 5 minutes in the car! They clearly don't care about guests on cheap deals... It shouldn't matter how much you pay you should not be put in those apartments. The money the site must be making its crazy!! Knock them down and start a fresh!!! I feel so sorry for those poor girls at reception having to deal so all the complaints we heard, no job is worth all that! Wouldn't return but fortunately we had great company!

Room Tip: Do NOT book via the sun holiday as you will be put into one of these apartments!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KerisB

Hi Keris, thank you for taking the time to post a review. Bookings that are made through a third party are allocated to a holiday home on arrival; this could be an apartment, caravan or chalet, guests can make requests that we add to the booking, we do advise guests that we try our best but these are not guaranteed. There are lots of grassy areas surrounding the apartments, as well as it being the closest area to the beach. With regards to the bin smell, I can only think that on a check-out/check-in day the bins are filled very quickly with rubbish from departing guests, the smell of urine has never been reported to us before; I will pass this feedback onto the gardens team for their attention. The apartments were inherited from when it was a Butlins site, we do have a number of our team that live in the apartments. I agree that they are not a huge visual pleasure, but I can assure you that they are very functional and accommodate lots of our holidaymakers. I would be keen to know what it was about that apartment that you were not happy with, please contact me 01758 612 112 or nina.fischer@bourne-leisure.co.uk to discuss this further. The reason why it seems that Sun bookings are given the apartments is due to a lot of the bookings being for standard grade holiday homes, and we have a lot more standard grade apartments than caravans; at busy times our options to move guests are very limited.

I am glad that you made full use of the funworks passes, these do allow guests to make the most of the pool and evening venues. Our team do work really hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay and receive great service, I will be passing your comments on. There are a number of supermarkets nearby for your convenience; in Pwllheli there is a Lidl, Co-op, Iceland, Spar and Asda, and a Tesco in Porthmadog. I can assure you that every one of our guests and their experience with us is our highest priority, feedback is very important to help us monitor this, our team are on hand and try their best to help make guests as comfortable as possible and deliver great service throughout the park.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I just spent a lovely week at the park what a great place the children loved it loads of things to do and got to meet the Seaside Squad witch they loved my youngest is 2 I couldn't get her off the dance floor dancing with the FunStars
We got an apartment it was nice and clean 10 sec walk to the playground the staff were very friendly
We'll be going back next year

Stayed: June 2014

Hi Niamh, thank you for posting a review. I am pleased to hear that your children had so much fun with us, we do like to give guests a great holiday experience; I will be passing your comments onto the cleaning team, funstars and the Seaside Squad! If guests return the same year, they do receive a discount on their booking, so we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We booked 3 nights from the sun offer and i didn't expect such good visit. I upgraded from normal caravan to de lux and when we arrived they upgrade to prestige for free! !!! That's nothing cos we get brand new caravan! !!! We arrived 2 h early and easily get keys. Because we want see other places we don't spend time in Park but i saw play area for kids, many activities but.... food is very poor just papa Jones and very bad burger king. Few spars, cash machine, not need go out of park. If you think you know where is you caravan when you leave reception you r wrong! It's so huge place that many new people get lost. Overall nice place to stay! !!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello, thank you for posting a review. If guests arrive early, we cannot guarantee their holiday home will be ready before their check-in time; but I am glad it was ready for you. I am unsure why you were not happy with Papa Johns and Burger Kind and would be keen to discuss this further; please call me on 01758 612112, guest feedback is very important to us and it would good to hear from you. When checking-in guests, all of the team do explain where your holiday home is and draw a route on the map provided, it can be a bit confusing on your first visit!