“One of the best, or the best?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Talsarnau
Tremeifion Vegetarian Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Talsarnau
Reviewed 16 August 2014

That was the discussion we had as we drove home; was Tremeifion one of the best hotels or B&Bs we've stayed at, or the best? We've stayed at so many that we had to go over them... and we decided as far as we could remember: the best. Forget 'Full English but with a veggie sausage', and 'wild mushroom risotto', the staples vegetarians usually seem to get offered wherever they go, Barbara cooks meals that are imaginative, creative, delicious, healthy and varied. She's clearly an artist not only in her cooking but in all things visual; the house and garden are tasteful and appealing, with a great deal of thought put into small details to create a restful and nourishing environment. The service was a perfect blend of relaxed but attentive. Barbara recommended a walk that was right off the beaten track; wild, beautiful, spacious and exactly what I needed. The views from the hotel and the hills behind have to be experienced rather than described. The bill wasn't cheap, but was nevertheless a pleasant surprise. We will definitely be returning, and for longer next time!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank westcountrywalker

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We expected this to be very good, but it far exceeded our expectations! The hotel - a solid Victorian residence - is in a truly awesome location, wild hills behind it and endless (and ever-changing) views for miles from the front of house, which itself boasts a huge and lovely garden in which a good deal of the food is grown. Our hosts, Barbara and Kevin, were genial, intelligent and diligent, the library superbly stocked (no dog-eared Jeffrey Archers or Beckham biographies here - or at least they`re well hidden!), the room very comfortable and above all the food was faultlessly superb; fresh, delicious, imaginative, beautifully presented and generously proportioned. A short but good wine and beer list completed the picture. Wow!

Room Tip: Front rooms have ridiculously stunning views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David T
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at Tremeifion last year for a short while and enjoyed it so much that we promised ourselves a longer stay this year: we stayed for a week this time and enjoyed it just as much. Barbara's marvellous cooking has inspired me to change my cookery style to try to echo hers now we are home, although I cannot replicate the wonderful breakfasts!
We find Tremeifion most relaxing place and cannot recommend it highly enough. We spent happy hours watching the weather change across the beautiful estuary. Different from minute to minute, almost, and always beautiful. The only noise in the evening is from the train, far away, chuffing backwards and forward and it's a quietly restful noise.
Barbara is lovely and we enjoyed meeting Boris, too. We missed Nye, the lovely cat, though, and were very sorry to learn of his passing.
We hope to return next year, as well.

Room Tip: We love the views from the Jade room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We went there for dinner,and were expecting something special for the price.Maybe we were just unlucky with the menu,as we found the food rather disappointing.We both felt that the cost was unrealistically high for the meal we were given.On the plus side they are friendly,pleasant hosts and it is set in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank millyp2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We loved our stay at the Tremeifion. I stayed for 6 nights with my 10 year-old Son and had been concerned that he would be picky about the food. However he loved it and described each meal as "awesome". Having stayed at many B & Bs and guest houses over the years and been (amongst other things) provided with a thimble full of juice, "vegetarian" soup (with mutton in) and been told my hair was not long enough to warrant the use of a hairdryer, I decided to pay a little more this year for our holidays and it was worth every penny. Having done a lot of research I have to disagree with an earlier reviewer who said that the prices at Tremeifion are five star. They are most certainly not but I would argue that the service is.

We were very early on arrival but still met very warmly and provided with most wonderful hospitality throughout our stay. Huge portions of wonderful, interesting food. Often in a B&B the breakfast would be the same every day (veggie sausages, fried egg, some kind of mass produced potato affair) however Barbara makes a different breakfast each day which is tailored to suit - fresh made smoothies, a lot of fruit, eggs benedict etc) I have often encountered a kind of stinginess but the opposite is true here. Barabara makes home made muffins and other treats which she encourages you to take away with you to eat during the day. Also when she noticed what kind of tea I liked she put a selection in my room for me. Small touches which were very much appreciated.

The gardens are gorgeous (they have a poly tunnel with veg in and an orchard) and the lounge is lovely and full of interesting books and a massive DVD collection including most popular box sets (The Wire, Game of Thrones etc). Usually when staying in a hotel with my Son I have to go to bed at the same time as him as I can not leave him alone, however I felt prefectly happy watching DVDs downstairs or even sitting in the garden or lovey conservatory.

The view was amazing, the food lovely,the location brilliant (gorgoues walks from the doorstep and train station 5 mins walk) a warm and generous welcome. I would highly recommend the Tremeifion hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ali F
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Tremeifion is a delightful small hotel/guest house. The food is delicious - we were phoned in advance to clarify if there was any food we couldn't eat (it is vegetarian and vegan anyway, but they cater for different food allergies, etc) and all the food - which is home cooked - was top quality.

The bedroom we stayed in was neat and comfortable, with an en-suite shower and toilet, and with a beautiful view across the bay.

One thing to be aware of is the VERY steep driveway with a fairly difficult gateway - but a small challenge for a very nice place.

Ideal for accessing the Snowdonia, Harlech, and Port Meirion.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iain W
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I am not vegan or vegetarian however my girlfriend is a vegan. We recently went on holiday and I wanted to take her somewhere nice one evening to treat her. I contacted Barbara who chatted through what type of food she likes and said she would sort something out.
When we got there she greeted us by name, we sat very comfortably in the lounge area and were shown the menus. The choice was great. Her hospitality was second to none.
The food was amazing, as a meat eater I enjoyed all 3 courses (which were vegan). The time there flew by! The cost of the meals was very reasonable and I was expecting to pay double what we did (and wouldn't have minded given the quality of the food!).
I would happily not only recommend this place but am also looking at returning and this time staying as guests. A must visit!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank avidtravelleruk98
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talsarnau
Hotel Portmeirion
1 mi away
Awel Y Mynydd
Awel Y Mynydd
#5 of 6 in Talsarnau

Been to Tremeifion Vegetarian Hotel? Share your experiences!