“Best site in the UK”

Barcdy Caravan & Camping Park
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Great Service, and the owner is extremely helpful, caring and nice (Not greedy). (Very Child friendly)! No Dogs allowed. Also this campsite is a member of countryside discovery group, and is the best campsite we have ever visited. We can not praise them enough. Superb shower rooms and spotless toilets. A wonderful campsite.

Room Tip: Room - meaning facilities are good.
1  Thank Southern_Reviewer
There are newer reviews for Barcdy Caravan & Camping Park

Reviewed 2 September 2012

This was our 3rd visit ... Year one , campsite.. Years two/three caravan ... (one member elderlydisabled) Perfect 6 days until on departure caravan was almost emptied but still clearing kitchen/fridge etc when cleaner arrived. No problem previous year but owner erupted into totally unexpected and threatening fury . A shocking departure.

4  Thank Nuffield_Light
Anwen L R, Manager at Barcdy Caravan & Camping Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Whoa! - not fury, just total frustration as the caravan needed cleaning between users (we may be too fussy, but it’s a habit we have). Departure time is 10.30 in the morning and our cleaner waited for ¾ hour, then had to leave to go to her next job. This meant that I had to do the job myself (I hate cleaning, sorry!), and pay the cleaner too ):
But, hey-ho, my daughter came to the rescue and helped me clear up the mess our guests were forced to leave because of our impatience, and all ended well. Job done, by the skin of our teeth, before the next guests arrived!
The lesson we have learned from this is to arrange arrivals and departures on consecutive days from now on, allowing our guests to leave at a more leisurely pace and avoiding any frustrated feelings on our part. We are always willing to take lessons from our guests’ reviews - our next aim being the ultimate full day relaxed departure time from our holiday caravan, with new guests arriving the following day.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Decided to go camping with the family over the August bank holiday weekend and searched the various sites in the lakes and Wales and was getting silly prices of £35 and over per night for a tent and minimum of 3 nights on bank holidays. After much searching came across Barcdy caravan and camping site near Porthmadog in Snowdonia area at £42 for 2 nights ,no extra charges for large tent or teenager . What a gem of a find, it is in a beautiful location about 3 miles from Portmerion (location of the series "the prisoner" ) a must to visit when in the area, you will be gobsmacked and think you are in a town in southern italy. The campsite is well set out ,the toilets, showers and laundry facilities are the cleanest and best I have ever seen on a campsite. showers are large individual private cubicles and FREE!!! Yes free, no tokens and no coins needed .There are also private showers in ladies and gents for parents with small children. A freezer is made available for your icepacks, again no charges( a donation is asked for to be put in the air ambulance donation box). The owners are nice and friendly and very helpful. Beware there is no shop so take what you are likely to need, there is a Tesco in Porthmadog 5 miles away. There is also no bar or entertainment so if you want a lively noisy site then look elsewhere. But if you want a nice clean family place to camp then this is highly recommended as noisy drunk campers are not tolerated. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: pitches with or without electric hook up
1  Thank Douglas R
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Just spent a week in the caravan with two of our grandchildren. Owners very helpful, site for caravans and tents and facilities excellent!! Children are able to play in a safe environment, creating a relaxed atmosphere for adults!! many places to visit and good beaches nearby. (but beware of the weaver fish) our eldest grandchild got a nasty sting, which could have been avoided had he had crock shoes). All in All, an excellent site, good location and we will be back next year!!

1  Thank IanP1939
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Returned here for a 3 night family break. My family have been coming here since I was a toddler (I am now 32 with my own family) so wanted to bring them to share the experience and I myself have not stayed since I was 15. My parents came too with their caravan and my husband and our kids camped.

The camp site is fantastic and reasonably priced. Such clean facilities, and attention to detail everywhere. The owners are in their late 60's but everyday he was out in his truck or tractor tending to the land round the site or making sure the bins were emptied etc.

Like an earlier reviewer said this campsite is a hidden gem. I have so many happy memories of Barcdy and will be ensuring we return so my children will have happy memories too! My husband thanked me for sharing it with him!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Kate S
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Just returned from 3 night camping break at Barcdy, what an absolute gem of a site with lovely owners for whom nothing was too much trouble they both work tirelessly to maintain high standards of which they should be very proud. Close proximity to Portmeirion, Harlech, Portmadog, Black Rock sands the list is endless. Toilets and showers were spotless regularly cleaned to a very high standard always plenty of hot water and everything you could ever need is available in the utility room. We pitched on the bottom tent field which was very flat and well drained despite the previous week being very wet. It was wonderful to wake up to the sound of the lambs in the next field and sit watching the buzzards hovering overhead. The site is within walking distance to the local pub The Ship Aground where the locals are very friendly and the real ale is a triumph. I highly recommend visiting this site, I'm sure you will return if you do, we definately will.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Absolutely loved this place. Toilets and showers extremely clean and plenty enough so do not need to wait in a queue. Helpful and friendly staff. We went during August Bank Holiday so were bit worried that it will be a bit overcrowded especially when seeing the sign at the entrance gate saying 'full' but to our surprise it was lots of space left so the site was not overcrowded and guests could enjoy it better. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank nelusienka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talsarnau
Hotel Portmeirion
#1 of 6 in Talsarnau
Barmouth Bay Holiday Park
Barmouth Bay Holiday Park
#4 of 12 in Barmouth

Been to Barcdy Caravan & Camping Park? Share your experiences!