All reviews rope swing clean facilities lovely site plenty of space air ambulance hot water bank holiday weekend picnic tables laundry room night stay ice packs vending machine small donation lovely owners brilliant facilities lower field toilets showers
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my family go camping twice a year. This time we left booking a site late due to work and barcdy were very accommodating especially as it was the run up to bank holiday weekend. What a pleasant site it is aswel. The family that run it were brilliant. They even let us stay for an extra day, even though they were fully booked. Yes the ground got a bit boggy where the cars drive over but they can't control 3 days of rain. The facilities were great. Inc washroom, showers, toilets, fridge, freezer. Also a great location. Great place for kids and we met other families that had the same views. We were thinking of going to a site in Barmouth next time as we enjoyed a day out there. But after a great time at barcdy we can only highly recommended it and will return. Thank you.

1  Thank neil r
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Driving to the site with my tiny car rammed with camping gear, panicking and swearing under my breath at the thought of wrestling in the rain with a four man tent. On arrival we were met with a massive smile and my stress started to ease. 'The boys' were sent to assist me in my tent building and help they did. Then it was time to check out the shared facilities, as I braced myself for my nostril to be met with loo and feet with skiddy floor of mud, I was happily dissapointed! Instead there was a zest of lime in the air while everything was so clean you would have expected it to have never been used. Campers were friendly and for our first trip we could not have asked for a better place to start. We shall be returning. Thank you :)

Room tip: Electric and none electric pitches available
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Tinypurplewitch
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Barcdy caravan site over the weekend which had wonderful facilities. It was clear that the owners took pride in their campsite and the toilets and showers were very clean. Furthermore, we were able to dry our clothes in the tumble dryers after a persistent shower. But on our final day, whilst in the showers, my family was approached by the owner. He was extremely aggressive squaring up to my brother and shouting in front of a 6 year old, two 11 year olds, a 15 year old and a 16 year old. So much so that my niece started to cry and the situation got out of hand. If it wasn't for my brothers calm disposition, a fight would have ensued due to the owners aggressive nature. Despite us having a good holiday up until this point we will not be staying there again and feel appalled by the way that this situation was handled. I don't believe we are the first the complain about the owners emotional regulation issues either.

4  Thank Kimberley R
Karen M, Owner at Barcdy Caravan & Camping Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

WOWWWW "Appalled" we are appalled by your absolute disregard for fellow campers and the park itself. Firstly we had 4 complaints about the noise up to 2:30am keeping people around you awake with loud talking, shouting and breaking wood off the trees for your fire. you had your fire on the grass that has made the pitch unusable for any other guests, your bbq was emptied on the grass burning a further area, old bbq coals thrown into the woods behind your tent along with other trash. When approached you were confrontational from the start denying everything you were being told when clearly your pitch had all the burn marks and debris
You were asked to leave the site immediately and not to book with us again.
I was understandably upset by your actions but was not confrontational.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights and were in the lower field with electric. It was very rainy and the field was very wet. We had no issue putting up our tent. The plot was a decent size. We loved how close the facilities were to our tent and that we had a tap in our field. We Had been a little concerned that there wasn't a playground as it's what we normally look for in a campsite but the children loved the rope swing and played a bit of football. The site has a country feel for it and I think a playground would actually spoil that but maybe some logs to climb on and a den area would be nice instead. The toilets were charming in someways. They really grew on me only issue we had was that they had a lot of spiders. My little girl counted 18 one evening, they were a little off putting but apart from that they were lovely. There is also a food van on site in the morning and evening which is good. The staff we spoke to were lovely and helpful. We had a picnic bench outside our tent which was an added bonus and we loved sitting at it watching the children play and enjoying the view in the evening. It can be a little noisy at night due to the road and sheep but nothing that stops you from sleeping. Everyone was very respectful of each other at night which is great. It's a really lovely site and would be happy to visit it again.

2  Thank Averageat34
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We have just returned from a three night trip to Barcdy. We were a party of four with two older teenagers. We picked the campsite primarily due to its proximity to a canyoning trip we were doing.

We pitched on the upper field and had plenty of space. The toilet blocks and showers were kept spotless dispite the mixed weather. Lovely to have hot showers with plenty of room.

The laundry room was a luxury to get towels dried (£2 for the dryer). The access to freezers was also appreciated so that we could recycle our ice blocks.

The owners were really kind and helpful. Gave us a good recommendation for the Harlech Indian restaurant. We had a day in Harlech walking on the beach and touring the castle. We also visited Porthmadog which had plenty to do and see.

We had excellent take away pizza from Penrhyndeudraeth on our first night - only a 5 min drive and much needed after our late arrival and set up.

If you have a young family there seemed lots going on on the lower pitches and if WIFI is important this probably isn't the right site - personally we were glad of the break from it!!

If you are looking for activities locally we used Snowdonia Adventure Activities and they were great.

All in all a very lovely stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family