“VERY GOOD”

Ranked #3 of 6 Talsarnau B&B and Inns
CLEETHORPES
“VERY GOOD”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Have just stayed 2 nights at this B&B while visiting the Victorian weekend at the nearby Ffestiniog Railway. I stayed in the bedroom in the main building (I believe it was once a barn) and couldn't fault it. Large bedroom with double & single beds, large bathroom with shower, bath. Breakfast was served in the large kitchen, and was hot & tasty.
Only negative point I can make is for anyone staying here not to look for signs saying Bryn Derw b&b; the roadside sign between Llandecwyn & Talsarnau actually says Farmhouse b&b.

Room Tip: There's only one bedroom in the main building (there is also a separate self contained studio) s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
pontllanfraith
Reviewed 30 August 2013

What a lovely welcoming idyllic place to stay. Husband Granddaughter and myself had a fabulous 4 days the food was excellent the room lovely and comfortable clean and welcoming after a long day walking. Linda and Bob made us feel like old friends who had popped in for a cuppa and a chat. We will stay again soon and hope to make it a regular highlight of our travels. Thank you Linda and Bob we had a great time and will keep in touch friends are like gold dust - precious and you made us feel like friends. Thank You for your hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stopped here on the off chance while passing through after a festival and was made to feel really welcome. Spacious room and ensuite were clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was first class and great view from the top of the hill next door. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

A truly wonderful place to stay and would recommend to anyone.. The location is idyllic, lovely accommodation and breakfasts. Linda looked after my mum and made sure nothing was too much trouble for her and made her feel so welcome. Looking forward to staying again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Llandyrnog, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2012

What a fabulous place to stay. My husband and I stayed at Bryn Derw with our two 21yr olds in August. It is really well located a short distance from the toll bridge which gives easy access to Porth Madog, Port Meirion and the rest of the Llŷn Penisular.
The accommodation was spacious, beautifully finished and immaculately clean. Linda and her family were very hospitable and made us fell very welcome. The breakfasts were excellent, in fact the stay rather spoilt us for the rest of our journey down the West Coast. I would gladly recommend Bryn Derw to other travellers

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We enjoyed our weekend stay at Bryn Derw. One of the best B&B's we have stayed in, very clean, wonderful location and the breakfasts were brilliant. Linda made us very welcome and we would not hessitate to recommend Bryn Derw to anyone. Looking forward to staying again next time we visit our friends.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Walsall
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I've stayed for short breaks with Linda and Bob for a number of years. They used to host a small B&B in Harlech, which I stayed in. I've just returned from my second visit to Bryn Derw and stayed in the garage conversion. The two reasons why I stay with them are that their accommodation is always sparkling clean and I feel more like a friend than a guest. My last visit to them was over 12 months ago but Linda immediately recognised my voice when I arranged the booking on the telephone, which I thought was a nice personal touch.
The smallholding they run overlooks wonderful countryside with hills in the distance giving great views. I was able to park the car outside the garage conversion and was given a key, so I could come and go as I pleased. Inside there is a double bed with nice wooden furniture. There is wooden flooring in the bedroom and the bathroom. The bathroom has ensuite facilities and the shower is spacious, unlike some other properties I've stayed in were I've been unable to move. There's also an heated towel rail in the bathroom and two heaters in the bedroom, which soon make the room warm when switched on due to the good insulation. Tea and coffee making facilities were available inside the room as was an hairdryer. There's a LED TV on the wall facing the bed. Breakfast was taken in Linda and Bob's kitchen. There's plenty of choice for cereal and a Welsh breakfast was cooked fresh as was toast. The eggs are free range and are sourced from Linda's and Bob's hens. The bacon and sausage are also sourced locally. Breakfast was so satisfying that I didn't require lunch later in the day. At breakfast Linda and Bob were at hand for a chat, which was a good start to the day. I was taken on a tour of their smallholding after breakfast one morning where I was introduced to their recent arrival of piglets They will advise on places to visit and eat if you are stuck for ideas. Linda booked us a table in a pub just outside Penrhyndeudraeth for an evening meal.
Last year I stayed in the other room available for guests which is in their farmhouse. This can either be used as a double, twin or by a small family. The bathroom in this room is one of the biggest I've seen. I also learnt that Linda's parents who live on the same land also have accommodation available with 2 rooms for guests use. I haven't stayed in these rooms but for a large group of people there are 4 rooms available in close proximity to one another. I have travelled from Bryn Derw to Aberystwyth, Barmouth, Harlech, Abersoch, Aberdaron and Beaumaris so it's a good base for various North Wales attractions. It would also suit golfers well who use the Royal St. David's course at Harlech.
My only fear with this and the other positive reviews people have given is that Bryn Derw becomes too popular and I have trouble finding a room available when I need to make a booking.
Thank You Linda and Bob for making feel at home.

Room Tip: The garage conversion know as 'La Casita', which translates to the little house in English i...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talsarnau
Hotel Portmeirion
Dinas Caravan Park, Camping & Glamping
Estuary Cottage
Estuary Cottage
#2 of 6 in Talsarnau

Been to Bryn Derw Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!