Have to say I was somewhat disappointed with our recent stay at the Golden Fleece. The pub inside is very dark and gloomy, the whole of the ceiling being covered in dried Hops, a great dust trap, and lighting is very dim. Wardrobe space in our room was limited, only enough space for 4 hangers and that was your lot, okay for a weekend, but a problem if staying for any longer. The curtains were very thin, so the room was very light as soon as the sun rose, plus the mattress was too soft, but that was from a personal perspective.
Food in the restaurant was very good though, we ate here on both nights of our stay and was busy on both, especially Saturday. The steak and ale pie is highly recommended, probably the best I have ever eaten, it was that good. Breakfast was adequate, but nothing to write home about.
To sum up, The Golden Fleece markets itself as a quality, boutique style B&B, but misses the target by quite a distance, £85 per night is simply too much for what is offered. Would I stay here again, probably not, would I eat here again, most definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the historic market square of Tremadog (The Birth Place Of Lawrence Of Arabia) The Golden Fleece Inn is a truly traditional and quite unique family run Welsh Coaching Inn with a modern outlook on service and standards. Aside from our outstanding Real Ales, extensive wine list and fresh locally sourced food, we also encompass a Bistro for private dining and hotel quality B&B. You will find us recommended in many North Wales & Showdownia guides including The Good Pub guide, The Lonely Planet, CAMRA Northern Ireland, Our Tuesday night live folk jamming sessions have always been popular and are a great mid week entertainer. Our Jam session has been running for over 2 decades now and is listed We have also featured heavily in the press with wonderful recommendations and articles from newspapers such as The Guardian, Our intimate bar provides the perfect location for a romantic, drink or a quick catchup with friends over a real ale, a glass of wine or even one of our Welsh spirits including Five vodka, Brecon Gin and Penderyn whiskys. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Golden Fleece Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golden Fleece Hotel Tremadog
- The Golden Fleece Inn Tremadog, Wales