We had originally booked an alternative through groupon but the other hotel didn't have our required dates, this was our second choice, but by no means "second the best". Check in wasn't as easy as it could have been(Bookings.com advised check-in was between 2-10pm, but the pub doesn't actually open until 5pm, something I'd advised other travellers to be aware of considering we arrived at 4.30pm ) Check-in was easy and we weren't disappointed (I'd request room 4 again as it was beautifully decorated). We stayed off site in the Royal Maddoc Hotel.
My only issue with the room was that the bin wasn't emptied & the toilet made an awful sound. Both nights we ate at the pub, and the food was absolutely gorgeous, I had the Barolo burger on the second night & chicken on the first, and I wasn't disappointed, my boyfriend had the cod on the first night(which he couldn't finish) and steak on the second both of which he loved. The pub had a really welcoming feel and we were made very welcome. Relaxing with a glass of wine by the fire was just a perfect end to the day. For a first time weekend away with my boyfriend, it was the perfect choice, I cant wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the historic market square of Tremadog (The Birth Place Of Lawrence Of Arabia) The Golden Fleece Inn is a truly traditional and quite unique family run Welsh Coaching Inn with a modern outlook on service and standards. Aside from our outstanding Real Ales, extensive wine list and fresh locally sourced food, we also encompass a Bistro for private dining and hotel quality B&B. You will find us recommended in many North Wales & Showdownia guides including The Good Pub guide, The Lonely Planet, CAMRA Northern Ireland, Our Tuesday night live folk jamming sessions have always been popular and are a great mid week entertainer. Our Jam session has been running for over 2 decades now and is listed We have also featured heavily in the press with wonderful recommendations and articles from newspapers such as The Guardian, Our intimate bar provides the perfect location for a romantic, drink or a quick catchup with friends over a real ale, a glass of wine or even one of our Welsh spirits including Five vodka, Brecon Gin and Penderyn whiskys. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Golden Fleece Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golden Fleece Hotel Tremadog
- The Golden Fleece Inn Tremadog, Wales