We have been to eat in this restaurant a handful of times over a two year period, as we own a caravan near by. The food and menu is great :) however, the service is dire , and spoils the whole experience .
On this visit, when we arrived it was quiet, 5.45pm, and we finally thought we may reach the pudding course before getting so fed up with the wait we buy a 'pudding' in the Spar shop opposite.
We placed our order and the food appeared to be coming out at a quiet rate and slowly the restaurant filled up, 15 minutes after we arrived a party of 5 appeared and were ushered upstairs to a different dining area. After a 40 minute wait, I asked a passing waitress could she find out where our food was please (our jug of water never did arrive). She appeared holding plates 10 minutes later but they were for the party upstairs, who had arrived after us!
Upset by this, with two hungry children, one near to tears, I approached the bar to ask the waitress to check where our food was, and to ask why a party who had arrived 15 minutes after us were served first. I went a step further on this visit and made it clear I would not be paying the full amount on this occasion. My husband had already been to the bar and bought another round of drinks as we had sat for so long.
Our food arrived nearly an hour after we first ordered it, we ate and left. When we were given the bill we were told our drinks had been taken off the bill and that the other party's food only came out 5 minutes before us.
This is such a shame as their bitter is well kept and the food really is lovely but these prolonged waits in a quiet restaurant, really isn't acceptable and makes for a tense miserable meal .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the historic market square of Tremadog (The Birth Place Of Lawrence Of Arabia) The Golden Fleece Inn is a truly traditional and quite unique family run Welsh Coaching Inn with a modern outlook on service and standards. Aside from our outstanding Real Ales, extensive wine list and fresh locally sourced food, we also encompass a Bistro for private dining and hotel quality B&B. You will find us recommended in many North Wales & Showdownia guides including The Good Pub guide, The Lonely Planet, CAMRA Northern Ireland, Our Tuesday night live folk jamming sessions have always been popular and are a great mid week entertainer. Our Jam session has been running for over 2 decades now and is listed We have also featured heavily in the press with wonderful recommendations and articles from newspapers such as The Guardian, Our intimate bar provides the perfect location for a romantic, drink or a quick catchup with friends over a real ale, a glass of wine or even one of our Welsh spirits including Five vodka, Brecon Gin and Penderyn whiskys. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Golden Fleece Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golden Fleece Hotel Tremadog
- The Golden Fleece Inn Tremadog, Wales