A last minute two-night break to re-charge batteries in Wales resulted in us finding a very friendly pub/inn as a base to look around the area. The staff were lovely - very friendly,nothing too much trouble and our bedroom was spacious, clean and newly refurbished with attention to detail. We chose to eat in the restaurant on the Tuesday evening and we were delighted to discover there was live music - a jamming session of acoustic musicians plus a couple of young chaps who were visiting the Inn who had brought their guitars. Our evening meals were superb - especially the fried Butterfly Breaded King Prawns with BBQ sauce, mixed salad and fries. We sent our compliments to the chef asking how the prawns had been dusted - but it was a secret recipe. BUT, the secret is definitely the Chef's background and where he/she has worked over the years! We'll definitely return in the future and enjoy the newly refurbished beer garden to enjoy more Welsh real ales.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the historic market square of Tremadog (The Birth Place Of Lawrence Of Arabia) The Golden Fleece Inn is a truly traditional and quite unique family run Welsh Coaching Inn with a modern outlook on service and standards. Aside from our outstanding Real Ales, extensive wine list and fresh locally sourced food, we also encompass a Bistro for private dining and hotel quality B&B. You will find us recommended in many North Wales & Showdownia guides including The Good Pub guide, The Lonely Planet, CAMRA Northern Ireland, Our Tuesday night live folk jamming sessions have always been popular and are a great mid week entertainer. Our Jam session has been running for over 2 decades now and is listed We have also featured heavily in the press with wonderful recommendations and articles from newspapers such as The Guardian, Our intimate bar provides the perfect location for a romantic, drink or a quick catchup with friends over a real ale, a glass of wine or even one of our Welsh spirits including Five vodka, Brecon Gin and Penderyn whiskys. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your The Golden Fleece Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Golden Fleece Hotel Tremadog
- The Golden Fleece Inn Tremadog, Wales