“Best Sunday Roast ever!!”
Review of The Golden Fleece

The Golden Fleece
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Tremadog
Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A traditional coaching inn offering B&B accomodation, free WIFI, Beer garden and all day food: breakfasts, lunches and evening meals.
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been dining here for the last three years. We have a caravan nearby and the fleece is our ONLY choice for our Sunday dinner. The meat plentiful spuds perfect and crisp and veg just right and if you like lovely dark meaty gravy look no further!!! But get in early as they can get busy and sell out. My kids love the home made pizzas too. Should mention we have always had great service from all the staff also.

1  Thank Dave M
goldenfleece1980, Manager at The Golden Fleece, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. Its always nice to get a review from one of our regulars.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was recommended this pub as a good place to eat. Nice waitress took our order and came back a couple of minutes later to say that one of the meals we had ordered was not available…so changed my mind and ask for the sauce to be put in a jug on the side. When the drinks were bought to us, I noticed that BOTH glasses had lipstick round the top so the drinks had to be replaced. Waited for OVER an hour for the meals to be served – and was very disappointed to find the sauce had been poured all over my dinner. Wasn’t over enamoured with the taste of the food…have definitely eaten better tasting food. Food was over priced for what it was. I wouldn’t recommend eating here!

1  Thank Citytraveller38
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spotted this pub while travelling from Porthmadog by bus. Tremadog looked worth a visit and was. There were two pubs one hotel and a restaurant within very easy walking distance of each other. We could not see a menu at the hotel but both the pubs and the restaurants had plenty of choice and we settled on the Golden Fleece. There was a choice of real ales and the option of eating in the bar or the restaurant we chose the latter. The service was very good and the food also and even with a bottle of wine ,the price was good.

1  Thank Arthur W
goldenfleece1980, Manager at The Golden Fleece, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for a lovely review, we look forwards to seeing you here again.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We visited this pub after walking up Snowdon on the May bank holiday Monday. We ordered the jumbo cod & chips which was huge along with other wonderful dishes. The childrens food was excellent home cooked food. Our two dogs were made most welcome. The owners were delightful. We will definitely visit again. Thank you guys for making our evening special xx

Thank you for your lovely review I'm glad you enjoyed the food on offer.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Porthmadog is a nice little town with its great steam railways and harbour. However, there is almost nowhere to eat in the evening, and a ban on eating take-away food in the only hotel in town with a restaurant!! A bit of research and a two minute car journey brought my parents and I to Tremadog and the Golden Fleece. We had already eaten across the street at the Union Inn, which I'll review separately, and thought we try somewhere else and we weren't disappointed. It is a lovely old coaching inn with a good atmosphere and a mixture of locals and tourists. While you can eat in the bar, there is a dining room at the back. The menu has a good choice of classic British/Welsh pub food which didn't disappoint us. The staff were friendly and the service was good. Other reviews mention slow service, but that's hardly a real issue is it? It may be slow but the food is good, and what else is there to do in a one street village in the evening, other than settle in, have a drink and enjoy the atmosphere? As for the food, I had Steak and Ale pie.....twice... in two days. So good I couldn't bring myself to choose anything else. My dad said it was the best cod and chips he's ever had. He's 73 and has had a lot of cod and chips in his time. Enough said.

There's few places to eat around immediate Porthmadog area but even if there was more choice, I'd still end up back at the Golden Fleece.

Thank you for your lovely review, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.