“You get what you pay for!!”
Review of Chippy Dre

Chippy Dre
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Tremadog
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Not the lowest cost chip shop we have ever visited, but it does prove the saying that you get what you pay for. The whole meal (fish, chips and peas for 4 people) was freshly cooked - nothing standing in the warmers going soggy. The fish was meaty and sweet and the batter almost like a tempura. If you want really good quality fish and chips that are not greasy, are freshly cooked and doesn't leave you feeling bloated, try this chip shop. It is definitely worth the little extra on the price.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Sensible_Reviewer

“Best chippy in the area.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

As a regular visitor to Porthmadog, I can honestly say I've tried most the local chippy's in the area.

In my experience, this is definitely the best Chippy in the area and the only one I now use. Food is very good, reasonably priced and decent portion sizes. Although located approximately a mile outside of Porthmadog, it's certainly worth the short journey.

Highly recommended!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank TenaciousADJ
United Kingdom
“So close to home...”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The best chippy I've ever had! Big portions, not over priced & its great that they have "meal deals" with a drink as well... The only downside if it is one? I live way to close and therefore eat too much :-)

1 Thank SmallSocial2
Tremadog, United Kingdom
“Consistently good!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've been prompted to write this review after an awful meal at a chippy in Bala last night.. I was soooooo disappointed and I really wished I'd have waited to but them from Chippy Dre - I would have been hungry for an hour in the car but it would have been worth it!

The chips at Chippy Dre are ALWAYS good! It's not that I eat loads of chips or anything.. but whenever I've had chips from here they've always been really good. My husband and children say the same too.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :-)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jolene B
stoke-on-trent uk
“Great chips”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stopped in On Saturday night for tea I had chicken burger and chips and hubby had cod and chips. Food was cooked to order and the chips where the best I have had in a while. Staff were nice and friendy. Would recommend and will use again when in the area again

• Visited November 2013